Skip to main content

Tweaking Windows XP to run really fast

More
17 years 2 weeks ago #20917 by durk21
you didn't link the article.

But yes According to my father and Maxtor and Microsoft a lot of users experience this problem.

I noticed your in the UK and XP/Vista is coded differently there so is the hardware so it may just be that.

But who knows i don't honestly care bc i know it wasn't my bios bc i was told several times that and not to mention i was told it wasn't my HDD. so who knows.
More
17 years 2 weeks ago #20918 by Smurf
No worries :wink:

Oh, the article is linked in the word Here in the previous post.

Catchya laters

Wayne

Wayne Murphy
Firewall.cx Team Member
www.firewall.cx

Now working for a Security Company called Sec-1 Ltd in the UK, for any
Penetration Testing work visit www.sec-1.com or PM me for details.
More
17 years 2 weeks ago #20920 by durk21
yeah it was an interesting article. But 10:1 I bet it was FAT32 coming into conflict with NTFS somewhere. I just thought of that. Since I'm running both. But my main drive is NTFS with secondaries as FAT32.

but my Fat's aren't above 40 GB

mt NTFS is 300GB.
More
16 years 8 months ago #22971 by Kaneda

Nope XP can't even support 120 GB without making a modification to the Bios which i had to do. Xp can not on itself support anything over 120 GB.

Hmm, I know this post's a bit old now but XP manages my 320 Gig Western Digital drive quite nicely, no probs at all.
More
16 years 8 months ago #22980 by KiLLaBeE

Nope XP can't even support 120 GB without making a modification to the Bios which i had to do. Xp can not on itself support anything over 120 GB.

With hard drive manufactures pushing for higher capacity hard drives and slowly getting rid of the smaller capacity ones, I doubt that the above comment is a fact.

If anything, software and hardware manufactures would release the appropriate patches to address these issues and to meet the consumers' demand for higher capacity drives.

K
More
15 years 6 months ago #27716 by Gokusaiyan
what u doing mcha
Time to create page: 0.154 seconds