More
17 years 9 months ago #15559 by Rockape
Zahir,

Boy am I glad your on our side :D

Cheers

Rockape
More
17 years 5 months ago #18128 by puneetvig
I dont think its a gud idea to disable the services for OS. Rather Fixing the problem. May be i can help you with ur problem if you could lemme know detail of ur problem.

I have gud hands on expenience on windows coz I had worked with Microsoft.

See Ya!!!!!! Cheers
Puneet
More
17 years 5 months ago #18137 by Arani
hi there mate
welcome to the forums.
there is no lists of problems we are treating here, there's a single big problem. xp is not fast enough.
what do you suggest we do to run it a bit more faster?
cheers

Picking pebbles on the shore of the networking ocean
More
17 years 5 months ago #18161 by puneetvig
Thanks for such a warm welcome....

First of all, i have gone through the list of services that are disabled in the screen shot. Those services which had been disabled are critical services (WINDOWS UPDATE, WINDOWS INSTALLER AND MANY MORE)and not recommend to Turn them OFF.

As far as suggestion are concerned, at this point I'm not in the position to suggest due to lack to technical information from your side.

I would appreciate, if you could let me know the problem in details. Like your computer is taking long to boot, application are running very slow or else. Also i need system information.

May be I can help you with this...........

See Ya!!!!!! Cheers
Puneet
More
17 years 5 months ago #18165 by Smurf

Those services which had been disabled are critical services (WINDOWS UPDATE, WINDOWS INSTALLER AND MANY MORE)and not recommend to Turn them OFF.

Surley Windows Update isn't a critical service for Windows XP, its more of a choice if you want to download the updates automatically ? Also, looking at my standard Windows XP installation, Windows Installer service is set to manual and doesn't actually run at Startup (not by choice but as a default windows installation), therefore why is this also a critical service ?

Wayne Murphy
Firewall.cx Team Member
www.firewall.cx

Now working for a Security Company called Sec-1 Ltd in the UK, for any
Penetration Testing work visit www.sec-1.com or PM me for details.
More
17 years 5 months ago #18182 by Arani
Replied by Arani on topic sermons
hi,
please spare us from the age old sermons of defragging the hard drives, running scandisk, optimizing swap file size and all that. i have heard about and tried every trick in those lines. they only improve performance marginally.
if you have a concrete solution of how to improve performance please do let us know.
and inspite of all of our previous posts, if you have not got any technical info about what our main problem is. let me tell you again.
Windows XP takes too long to boot
it slows down with time,
certain features which are not needed should not be kept running in the background, but we need to know which of these features are these.
and for christ sake windows update and installers are not critical updates, you can keep them off and schedule them once a month and still live happily ever after.
i hope once and for all i have atleast made myself and my problems clear. can't say about the rest, but i am sure they are also of a similar opinion.
cheers

Picking pebbles on the shore of the networking ocean
Time to create page: 0.155 seconds