Skip to main content

Status Of Cisco Lab

More
17 years 11 months ago #14977 by The_Berzerker
As you've read, currently the Cisco Lab is in Beta Testing Phase.
Patience and you'll get access to real cisco equipment
Cheers
More
17 years 11 months ago #15002 by pvijay
Replied by pvijay on topic Re: Status Of Cisco Lab
Hi Chris,
Hat's off to your effort! This is a great website , i love this freedom to learn and share, will contribute as much as i can as time permits.
Kind Regards.

Pravin

Network Engineer, 24/7 Support: +44 (0) 870 990 9989

A: 6-7 Harbour Exchange Square, London, E14 9GE

More
17 years 11 months ago #15058 by Chris
Replied by Chris on topic Re: Status Of Cisco Lab
As we mentioned a few weeks ago, our Cisco Lab system is currently undergoing its beta testing phase to ensure we provide a high-quality service to our community.

The beta testing phase is almost complete and our intrepid beta testers have pointed out a couple of things that will enhance the labs. We intend to incorporate those changes before releasing it to the public.

Unfortunately, this means that further delay is to be expected before the system is ready for use.

One major issue identified by our beta testers is the absence of the tutorials for each lab, which we announced would not be available for now, due to the time required to develop them.

This issue has been brought forward many times and we've decided its best not to release the labs without a few guides/tutorials to help the user learn how to operate the equipment and gain experience that would be of some value.

Furthermore, it's been decided to integrate the tutorials into the site's articles, rather than provide them as separate pages within the Lab. This means that you'll be able to go through the tutorials just like any article on this site, while at the same time we will provide a small pop-up window that will allow you to connect to the equipment each tutorial refers to. This pop-up window will only appear when you have a valid lab session booked.

To help keep the waiting time period as low as possible, we will start to release each lab, as we complete the tutorials for it. In other words, each lab exercise will show up incrementally.

Once again, we ask for your patience! We have guys scheduling time, logging into the boxes, playing around, and the whole thing is so close to done. Just remember we like to get things perfect the first time around.

Cheers,

The Firewall.cx Team.

Chris Partsenidis.
Founder & Editor-in-Chief
www.Firewall.cx
More
17 years 10 months ago #15331 by sahirh
Replied by sahirh on topic Re: Status Of Cisco Lab
He forgot to mention the labs look great :) ...

Hang on for a little bit longer, it's so close to finished!

Cheers,

Sahir Hidayatullah.
Firewall.cx Staff - Associate Editor & Security Advisor
tftfotw.blogspot.com
More
17 years 10 months ago #15492 by stteng
I wanted to thank you for your website. It is very helpful since I want accurate answers.

I was wondering what the current status of your free Cisco lab is?

Although I can't use it to study for my CCNA exam, I want to use it to reinforce and practice using real equipment not just sims. (I know that the lab is ALMOST finished!! Take your time checking it so it will be REALLY good!!)

Thank you in advance for your understanding.

stteng

P.S. Just make a reply to this posting and I will check my email.
More
17 years 10 months ago #15547 by geng_001
Replied by geng_001 on topic Re: Status Of Cisco Lab
can't wait...can't wait ...can't wait ... hehehehe

wow i've been waiting for this for a long time but i'm glad that it already entered its beta test.

great job guys i wish you good luck...
Time to create page: 0.157 seconds