Skip to main content

ubuntu or suse

More
14 years 6 months ago #32401 by talk2sp
Replied by talk2sp on topic yes u can....
mhmmmm... yes u can

BORN TO BE GREAT

c0de - 3
Take Responsibility! Don't let failures define you
More
14 years 6 months ago #32410 by broadcaststorm
Replied by broadcaststorm on topic Re: ubuntu or suse
Yes I can... what?
Obviously I'm missing a step here 'cos inserting the CD with the image on it doesn't do anything despite the fact that I used Nero 7 to burn it. Is there some other setting or config in the Nero set up that I need to check before commencing the burning process? I don't recall seeing anything in the burn process of Nero that says it will not burn the set up files from the ISO image.
So I'm confused and frustrated. Downloading and installing a viable OS shouldn't be this hard. It's the exact opposite of user fiendly...
More
14 years 6 months ago #32416 by Ranger24
Replied by Ranger24 on topic Re: ubuntu or suse
Hi BCS,

not used nero for a long time so cannot give you step by step. In general you need to make sure that you have an image to burn and that nero burns the data as an image.

For the first part the file should have an .ISO euxtension indicating it is an image of a cd.

For the second check the nero menus for an options such as "Burn Image" or "Burn as data as Image

I found the below instructions via google:

Works in version 7.5.13.1

1. Open Nero as follows:
Start > All Programs > Nero 7 Essentials > Data > Nero Express Essentials

2. Click on "Data DVD" or "Data CD" (either one should work...this step doesn't seem to make much sense if you're creating an ISO from files in C:\ drive....just humor me...)

3. Click "Add"

4. Select the file(s) or folder you wish to make an ISO image from (note: you can select an entire drive like D:\ if you want)

5. Click "Add"

6. Click "Close"

7. Click "Next"

8. Set Current recorder: Image Recorder[DVD]

9. Click "Burn"

10. Enter a filename and specify ISO as the file type.

11. Click "Save"

12. Click "Burn"

Hope this helps,

R

Patience - the last reserve of the any engineer
More
14 years 6 months ago #32423 by talk2sp
Replied by talk2sp on topic the guy em looks like....
Hello B.Castorm looks like u already have a mind made up against em Linux. i said mhmmm yes u can just to encourage u. You need to be relaxed and ready to face complex system - system interactions. OK.

Download alcohol 120%, install it, license it, open it. by the top left there is something like image burning wizard. when u click it will prompt u to specify where the image is? common man push this thing..

note:

BCS wrote:

So I'm confused and frustrated. Downloading and installing a viable OS shouldn't be this hard. It's the exact opposite of user friendly...

Computing has never been easy. that's why this forum is here to guide us. Like i have always said no matter the problem anyone is having with his OS / Network, someone else here has encountered such. B.Castorm work it.

BORN TO BE GREAT

c0de - 3
More
14 years 6 months ago #32433 by broadcaststorm
Replied by broadcaststorm on topic Re: ubuntu or suse
Ranger 24... ta :)

Talk2sp... haven't made my mind up, but it is frustrating. And remember, I can configure a Cisco device with the best of 'em, so it's not that I am bothered by configs, or am too lazy to take the appropriate steps. As far as I can see, from Rangers description, I have in fact already taken the appropriate steps. So maybe I am missing something. I'll go back and check.

And for the most part, computing is easy. Don't confuse degree of difficulty with degree of understanding. They aren't the same thing. Even boiling an egg can be hard if you have never done it before, but that doesn't mean you don't understand the principle...
More
14 years 6 months ago #32440 by talk2sp
Replied by talk2sp on topic well then lit it up....
BCStorm well then lit up since now u must have figured out the principles.

C0dE-3

BORN TO BE GREAT

c0de - 3
Time to create page: 0.153 seconds