Skip to main content

ubuntu or suse

More
14 years 7 months ago #32287 by talk2sp
Replied by talk2sp on topic Sue..zee
well em i will make it funky a little bit - lets call it Sue - zee.. let me look up the phonetic blah --- ----
found it {SuSE -> soo-suh (German acronym, official)}, like we have em sudo -> soo-doh (like psuedo)... (lol)

BORN TO BE GREAT

c0de - 3
Take Responsibility! Don't let failures define you
More
14 years 7 months ago #32317 by broadcaststorm
Replied by broadcaststorm on topic Re: ubuntu or suse
I have a Ubuntu question...

I downloaded Ubuntu, burned it to a CD as per the instructions, but it doesn't seem to work. Then I see that there are a whole load of extra downloads required to make sure that the files have downloaded properly, that the MD5 hash is OK and blah blah blah...
Have I missed something, or is this expected behaviour? 'Cos if this is how it is supposed to be, I can't be bothered. I'll stick with XP Pro :shock:
I'm kinda hoping I've done something stupid and it can be sorted easily...
More
14 years 7 months ago #32323 by S0lo
Replied by S0lo on topic Re: ubuntu or suse
Thanks talk2sp.

broadcaststorm,

Did you just burn the file itself to the CD, so that the end result will have one ISO file in the CD? Or did you use an image burning tool that can extract the setup files in the ISO image and burn them? You have to do the latter. Most burners (like nero and InfraRecorder) can do this.

Studying CCNP...

Ammar Muqaddas
Forum Moderator
www.firewall.cx
More
14 years 7 months ago #32331 by talk2sp
Replied by talk2sp on topic right S0lo
S0lo s wrote:

You have to do the latter. Most burners (like Nero and InfraRecorder) can do this.

exactly broadcaststorm if u just downloaded the .ISO image from ubuntu u can use Nero to write it on a CD. and if u are the seeing is believing type (LMAO lol) u can mount it on a virtual drive to see if it's working (virtual drives like Alcohol, etc)

Cheers.

BORN TO BE GREAT

c0de - 3
More
14 years 6 months ago #32397 by broadcaststorm
Replied by broadcaststorm on topic Re: ubuntu or suse
Ok, so I just burned the image to a CD. The site (forget which mirror it was) just said to do that, ie download the image then burn the whole image to a CD.
So, version of Nero will extract the install files, and is there a *good* step by step cheat sheet somewhere that I can use for reference?
More
14 years 6 months ago #32400 by talk2sp
Replied by talk2sp on topic yes u can....
mhmmmm... yes u can

BORN TO BE GREAT

c0de - 3
Time to create page: 0.160 seconds