Skip to main content

ubuntu or suse

More
15 years 7 months ago #27517 by jester
Replied by jester on topic thanks zippy
is their any way to use live linux live cd with out rebooting the system,please help me
More
15 years 7 months ago #27522 by ZiPPy
Replied by ZiPPy on topic Re: ubuntu or suse
Okay, we are jumping all over the place. Lets stick to one problem at a time. Were you able to login as root when you used the su command?

ZiPPy

ZiPPy
More
15 years 7 months ago #27530 by jester
Replied by jester on topic "unable to login"
i tried using the switch user command ,but its not allowng me to login as root.my home system is not allowing me to use the graphical mode but my office system is working fine graphical mode
do i have any other way...........
More
15 years 7 months ago #27548 by jester
In my ubuntu live cd ,its not allowing me to login as root and since i dnt have the root psword su command is not allowing to login as root.plz help me
More
15 years 7 months ago #27571 by ZiPPy
You really need to have that root password, otherwise you won't be able to do much as you can already see. Are you the one that set the root password?

Attempting to hack the root password on a Linux box is not easy task. I would recommend just reinstalling, but you said your using the live cd which I have never used. I would say just install a full version of Ubuntu on your box. The Ubuntu install is the one of the easiest Linux distro's to install.

Cheers,

ZiPPy

ZiPPy
More
15 years 7 months ago #27572 by ZiPPy
If your contemplating whether to try and hack the root password or not, here is a tutorial which apparently many have used in the past.

www.walkernews.net/2007/07/03/how-to-res...otten-root-password/

Hope that helps.

ZiPPy

ZiPPy
Time to create page: 0.153 seconds