Skip to main content

ubuntu or suse

More
15 years 7 months ago #27503 by ZiPPy
Replied by ZiPPy on topic Re: ubuntu or suse
Has anybody created a virtual machine using SUSE 11.0 or openSUSE 11.0???

I'd love to discuss this virtual machine and the issues that are surfacing.

Thanks!

ZiPPy

ZiPPy
More
15 years 7 months ago #27504 by S0lo
Replied by S0lo on topic Re: ubuntu or suse
Haven't tried v11.0. But I have a VM running OpenSuse 10.3 on VMware server. Every thing seams to be running OK except that the VMware tools did not install properly. I tried every thing, but no use. So graphics is slow.

Studying CCNP...

Ammar Muqaddas
Forum Moderator
www.firewall.cx
More
15 years 7 months ago #27506 by ZiPPy
I'm pretty sure there is a bug preventing VMware Tools to be installed on openSUSE, and now I'm starting to think its for all distro's of Linux. I have tried the following appliances and have not been able to install VMware Tools:

OpenSUSE
Fedora 9
Ubuntu

I'm thinking at this point, you can run the distro's in VMware just to get a taste of the OS. When you finally find one you truly like and want to dig in deeper and learn more about it, you will have to do a full install. This means either a dedicated Linux box or dual-boot.

Cheers,

ZiPPy

ZiPPy
More
15 years 7 months ago #27508 by S0lo
Replied by S0lo on topic Re: ubuntu or suse
Well thats really weird!! Cause there must be thousands like us trying to run VMtools. I guess you're right about doing a real install.

I wonder what you guys think of Debian, Mandriva and knoppix.

Studying CCNP...

Ammar Muqaddas
Forum Moderator
www.firewall.cx
More
15 years 7 months ago #27509 by jester
Replied by jester on topic live cd issue
i am using a ubuntu 5.04 live cd but it is not allowing me to use all the utilities and unable to login as root
plz help me
More
15 years 7 months ago #27516 by ZiPPy
Starting off real simple, have you tried running the su command to switch to root? Are you then prompted to enter a passord? Maybe your not able to access root because of an incorrect password

How far are you getting after you enter the su command?

ZiPPy

ZiPPy
Time to create page: 0.160 seconds