Skip to main content

Status Of Cisco Lab

More
18 years 7 months ago #10115 by nske
Replied by nske on topic Re: Status Of Cisco Lab
Hey, thanks but to be fair, after Chris who's architecting his vision in this site, credit is due firstly to the rest of the team who has been contributing from the early stages in various critical roles. And concerning the forums, equal credit is also due to veteran members like TheBishop, DaLight, Mew and Maximus as well as to more recent ones like jwj (and I'm forgeting many) that share their valuable experience and value the site with their presense. Finally members with genuine interest for the subject like you help to keep the forum alive..

But it's not time for "bravos", after the completion of the cisco lab project, when more things that have stayed behind all this time will follow their course perhaps they will be more well-timed. Besides Chris has already said these in an other topic ;)
More
18 years 7 months ago #10117 by DaLight
Replied by DaLight on topic Re: Status Of Cisco Lab
At the risk of further continuing the deviation of this thread from the topic of the Cisco Lab's progress, to the merits of Firewall.cx, I want to comment about the fact that you can be guaranteed to get a well thought out and informative "mini-course" from many of the threads. I think a Testimonials "sticky" thread where people could post any positive experiences would be a good addition. I know it may be perceived as "back-slapping", but I have seen it in other forums and it serves to advertise the site and its merits.
More
18 years 7 months ago #10120 by Tarun
Replied by Tarun on topic Re: Status Of Cisco Lab
Not a bad idea at all, lets see what do the other members think about it :D

Next would be SP (Service Provider)
CCNA, CCNP (Switching), CCIE#20640
More
18 years 7 months ago #10194 by ping
Replied by ping on topic Re: Status Of Cisco Lab
DaLight, correct me if i have understood your thoughts wrong but here's what i understood.

You want to have a sticky note Which would have tutorials posted by the members of community in it and it would be helpful to other members getting their hands better on cisco lab.

In addition, how about having some compititions on cisco lab once it willl complete. I mean doing something more efficiently then orthers or doing it more faster then others.

The winner will as usual will get goodies which firewall.cx has to offer in return. It will also help to improve prectical skills of the less exprienced members.

Hopeing you will consider the problem.

Ping

Edit : Just guessing that this might had became the largest thread on site.

The greatest pleasure in life is doing what people say you can not do..!!
More
18 years 7 months ago #10202 by Chris
Replied by Chris on topic Re: Status Of Cisco Lab
Ping,

While the usage of the Cisco lab is pretty much guaranteed ( :) ), we are considering some special 'puzzles' for those willing to challenge their knowledge and skills :).

These labs will not be made in sence to see how fast users are able to complete the labs ( will won't ever provide such statistics )as we don't want to make anyone feel bad about his or her bad performance!

Expect to see something in the future, after the lab is complete. There are plently of future enhancements we've already got in mind and we'll slowly present them as we progress.

By all means, ideas and suggestions are always welcomed from our community!

Chris Partsenidis.
Founder & Editor-in-Chief
www.Firewall.cx
More
18 years 7 months ago #10206 by DaLight
Replied by DaLight on topic Re: Status Of Cisco Lab
Ping, I actually meant a "sticky" where people could post about the benefits they have obtained from the whole site, but your idea is much better!!
Time to create page: 0.157 seconds