Status Of Cisco Lab

More
18 years 8 months ago #10041 by DaLight
Replied by DaLight on topic Re: Status Of Cisco Lab
Great work Chris!!
More
18 years 8 months ago #10044 by Tarun
Replied by Tarun on topic Re: Status Of Cisco Lab
Hey once my Mom said, if you laugh too much it might lead to you crying :)

I am afraid too much of anything is dangerous, this site is moving in that direction & i am afraid because i love this site & it is moving towards being impossibly good :twisted:

I wish i am wrong :lol:

And yes i did also notice today the banner there for "GFI" at the lower left hand corner of the website.

But i am not sure if i like it, i loved the "linkless" homepage of this website :)

Next would be SP (Service Provider)
CCNA, CCNP (Switching), CCIE#20640
More
18 years 8 months ago #10062 by Chris
Replied by Chris on topic Re: Status Of Cisco Lab
Tarun,

We still remain link-less :) We've had a strict policy about advertising and the truth is that we've had to turn down some really impressive offers because of this policy.

The story behind GFI is that they are not considered 'advertisers' of Firewall.cx, but site partners as they have helped a great deal in keeping this site free, along with the Cisco lab.

We respect GFI as a valued partner with some great products, and are sure our community agrees with us.

Closing, we still remain advertising-free, but we need to also show some recognition to the companies who have helped us make this dream a reality.

Cheers,

Chris Partsenidis.
Founder & Editor-in-Chief
www.Firewall.cx
More
18 years 8 months ago #10071 by DaLight
Replied by DaLight on topic Re: Status Of Cisco Lab
My 2 pennies worth... I personally haven't got a problem with advertising if it helps to keep the site going and provides us with loads of goodies as long as the editorial content of the site is not unduly compromised.
More
18 years 8 months ago #10074 by Chris
Replied by Chris on topic Re: Status Of Cisco Lab
And I'm sure a lot of other people on this site share the same opinion Dalight.

We would never do anything that would compromise the quality of our content as this is our 'treasure' and the reason Cisco decide to include us in their CCNA Academy program!

Rest assure we will always take the best possible path to satisfy our site's needs, community and your education! :)

Cheers,

Chris Partsenidis.
Founder & Editor-in-Chief
www.Firewall.cx
More
18 years 8 months ago #10113 by Tarun
Replied by Tarun on topic Re: Status Of Cisco Lab
Three Cheers again to the spirit of www.firewall.cx & people like "chris" & "nske" who make it possible for us :wink:

Next would be SP (Service Provider)
CCNA, CCNP (Switching), CCIE#20640
Time to create page: 0.145 seconds