Skip to main content

Status Of Cisco Lab

More
18 years 7 months ago #10213 by Rockape
Replied by Rockape on topic Re: Status Of Cisco Lab
I look forward to being able to take part in the Cisco Labs. I have taken various Cisco courses, but as yet haven't taken any exams. I suppose that is due to pressures of work, and not really getting to play with Cisco kit.

We are currently updating our infrastructure from 3com to Cisco, so the labs will help build my confidence. And, who knows, after a bit of work and encouragement here, I may even try and take an exam!!

Keep up the good work folks.
More
18 years 7 months ago #10333 by ping
Replied by ping on topic Re: Status Of Cisco Lab
Chris, i am really sorry for makeing that statment about fast configureing in cisco lab. But what i wanted to convey has been understood by you perfectly that's for sure. Once again i am feeling very sorry for that statment made by me.

Now, dalight again if i m not misunderstanding you want people so share expriences of this site. Correct me if i had misunnderstood.

Cheers

~pranav

The greatest pleasure in life is doing what people say you can not do..!!
More
18 years 6 months ago #10798 by Chris
Replied by Chris on topic Re: Status Of Cisco Lab
We would like to make a quick announcement to inform everyone that we will be soon entering a public beta testing phase of the upcoming Cisco lab - Yes, it's almost complete!

While we haven't given any priority to the lab interface - hence it's not available at the moment, we are more interested in the functionality of the lab, so we will be allowing selected valued members to access the booking system to place a booking and access the test lab we have setup.

Access to the test lab will only be performed via standard telnet, and direct console access (as promised in the lab's specs) will be given to the lab's equipment. No graphical interface will be available until it is complete.

It is important to note that the test lab is a simple as can be for the purposes of testing the booking & authentication/access system of the lab(s).

For those wondering, the test lab will consist of one 2600 series router, a Catalyst 2950 switch and possibly another Catalyst 3524XL switch.

Once the beta testing is complete and all feedback has been received, we will be working on finalising the lab's configuration and soon releasing it officially for public use.

Meanwhile, we will soon post some pictures of the booking system for those seeking a glimpse at the interface.

Cheers,

Chris Partsenidis.
Founder & Editor-in-Chief
www.Firewall.cx
More
18 years 6 months ago #10801 by DaLight
Replied by DaLight on topic Re: Status Of Cisco Lab
Rising anticipation ...
More
18 years 6 months ago #10803 by jhun
Replied by jhun on topic Re: Status Of Cisco Lab
wow!...can't hardly wait...... :lol: