In response to a recent onslaught of posts in this forum that deal with trading question dumps for Cisco and other exams. Some of these requests were even commercial; someone offering to sell papers etc.
After discussing things, the f.cx team has decided that we wont tolerate this trading. As many people use this site for certification, they might want to know the reasons for this decision.. so here goes:
1. We believe firmly in the validity of these certifications. Many people simply read the dumps and go for the exam the next day. They often manage to pass, but in essence they know nothing. This floods the job markets with scores of unqualified but certified people and lessens the value of the certification for people who have earned it the hard way.
2. Cisco recognises firewall.cx for the quality of its information and even links to us in its Cisco Academy training program. We would like to make it clear that Cisco does NOT support firewall.cx commercially at all. We respect the fact that this is a great company that makes great products, and since most of us are Cisco certified as well, we would like to see their certifications increase in value (something that directly benefits everyone else who goes for the certification).
3. This site is a repository of so much information -- more than enough to get you through almost any networking certification. We find it a little insulting to think that people come here, disregard the effort that goes into preparing this material, and then use the site as a vehicle to trade dumps.
4. We don't believe that dumps are actually useful... you may end up passing your exam, but you will be in for a world of hurtwhen you get into the real world.
5. There are more than enough sites to trade / buy dumps etc. If you are so desperate for them, you're looking in the wrong place. The banner at the top of the page says 'The Site For Networking Professionals', not 'The Site For People Desperate To Get Into IT Without Knowing Anything'.
While some casual visitors to the site may feel this is harsh, the feedback from our members shows that they feel this is the correct thing to do. If anyone has issues, please voice them here.
That said, we will continue to help, guide, handhold, teach, mentor whatever anyone who needs help assistance. This is one of the only forums on the web where you get an answer to your question within a few hours.