Skip to main content

bypassing websense

More
14 years 4 months ago #32927 by hades
Replied by hades on topic Re: bypassing websense
which firewall u r using with websense server??
is it checkpoint?

I think therefore I am!
More
14 years 4 months ago #33034 by FlipRich
Replied by FlipRich on topic Re: bypassing websense
Websense blocks most the anonymous proxy sites so it's gonna be pretty time consuming finding one the Websense doesnt recognize.

There are millions though. I'm sure you can find one if you're willing to invest the time into it.

Rich
Network Engineer /CCNP, CCNA-S
Tallahassee, FL
More
13 years 10 months ago #34720 by mechnical_man_stan
Hello- I've read the posts below and am glad I did my undergrad back in the mid 90's when the web was fully open to explore. Now that I'm working I find myself at a progressive company who employs me as well as this evil Websense software....and it is making my usual break and lunchtime ebay and Craigslist searches rather short since i cant get to them.

So I bought a personal laptop and thought if I just plugged into the company ethernet I could access these sites since I wouldnt have to abide by the company privacy policy and obvious URL tracking they are doing. But it seems that Websense is doing a very good job at making it impossible to find even a proxy site that will allow me to surf eBay or Craigslist. I have not tried Tunneling yet.

I've read about Torpark, but when I went to the cnet site on my personal laptop at home I found the download and ran the executable. When i got back to work I ran their browser (while plugged into the network obviously), but it displays "trying to connect" for as long as I leave it running...hours. So that is not working as expected unless I'm doing something wrong??

Can you firewall guys please direct me toward a solution that may work? May the preferred mehod of Tunneling, or a proxy site that Websense hasnt been discovered in the last 30 seconds? Or what about a secure proxy site with httpS ??

Hoping you guys can help....from one enginerd to another?

Thanks!!

Stymied in Colorado, PE
mechanical engineer
More
13 years 10 months ago #34723 by S0lo
Replied by S0lo on topic Re: bypassing websense
mechnical_man_stan, have a look at this post:

www.firewall.cx/ftopict-5880-websense.html

Studying CCNP...

Ammar Muqaddas
Forum Moderator
www.firewall.cx