Skip to main content

bypassing websense

More
16 years 1 month ago #25522 by Dur_Trix
Replied by Dur_Trix on topic Re: bypassing websense
yeah its blocked, BLOCKED BY WEBSENSE..... Please help me to get through this crap ass Proxy...PLZ
More
14 years 8 months ago #31382 by doublebigmax
Replied by doublebigmax on topic Re: bypassing websense
ok i got a laptop yesterday and websense is blockng sites but i dont have a web sense servise how do i get it of of my laptop
More
14 years 8 months ago #31387 by S0lo
Replied by S0lo on topic Re: bypassing websense

ok i got a laptop yesterday and websense is blockng sites but i dont have a web sense servise how do i get it of of my laptop

It's probably the ISP/provider websense. It's not on your laptop, so you can't remove it. A work around is to try an SSL supporting web proxy. But I won't go further into this talk since this issue is a bit controversial ;)

Studying CCNP...

Ammar Muqaddas
Forum Moderator
www.firewall.cx
More
14 years 8 months ago #31392 by ZiPPy
Replied by ZiPPy on topic Re: bypassing websense
@ doublebigmax

Where do you live? And who is your ISP? Per US regulations(and others) of attained Internet services, your allowed to browse the web where ever you please. I'd be curious to know who your ISP is and your location. I know for a fact that there is limited browsing in countries like China.

ISP's use Websense for web security? Wow!! I had no idea that application was so vast and powerful. I know it's heavily used in the enterprise, but had no idea ISP's use it.

Cheers,

ZiPPy

ZiPPy
More
14 years 6 months ago #32419 by abcorn
Replied by abcorn on topic GET AROUND WEBSENSE
I don't know if anyone cares about this thread anymore or not, but I know of a way to get around Websense. It's not as fast as no Websense, and it will cost a little, but it works! Websense DOES NOT block ANY site that begins with https:// (if General Email is filtered and you want Gmail, just go to mail.google.com and it works). So get a cheap .info domain name, find a cheap host, get a free SSL certificate from www.startssl.com , and put PHProxy or Glype on your new site. There you go! An unblocked proxy! Just make sure you do yoursite.info .
More
14 years 6 months ago #32420 by S0lo
Replied by S0lo on topic Re: bypassing websense
abcorn, I have to say that this is a good workable idea. Note, that there are also free sites/webproxies that can do this (using https, i.e. SSL).

Studying CCNP...

Ammar Muqaddas
Forum Moderator
www.firewall.cx
Time to create page: 0.154 seconds