Skip to main content

go to master in network via ccnp

More
15 years 5 months ago #28287 by Chojin
For the degree in IT go for something easy I would say. Don't waste time spending 4 years on a degree where you could spend 2 years on a degree and 2 years getting a nice bunch of certs..

I don't have a bachelor degree or so whatever and my earnings are 4 times the ammount compared to someone with a degree over here

(I only have MCSA, MCSE, CCNA, CCNP, CCSA, ITIL, CIW, CCA and 3 years of experience)

Just for the record ;)

CCNA / CCNP / CCNA - Security / CCIP / Prince2 / Checkpoint CCSA
More
15 years 5 months ago #28288 by talk2sp
Chojin that's the spirit which most people don't seem to get these days. they don't. man chojin that's the spirit. no one is saying "BSC is bad idea" but in my country Sose might want to testify to that how many unemployed graduates do we have...

but common everyone with his line of interest.... some peeps like us around here just want to write IT certs and common get some good jobs. with ur Certs there is no NOC that won't employ u for any reason without a B.SC u will be employed and paid higher. ur job function is to be in the cold room <lol> not count money or make transactions of do the paper thingy.

Sose testify how many graduates in Nigeria are employed? How many do we have roaming on the streets? How many are armed robbers cos of frustrations from lack of jobs... i swear IT, IT certs pay better. common with the kind of chojin's certs

MCSA, MCSE, CCNA, CCNP, CCSA, ITIL, CIW, CCA and 3 years

of experience" man u are out of this country to outsource and freelance cos common u wont even wanna work more than 3 months. u will be a hot cake.

"u should see wat i see....

BORN TO BE GREAT

c0de - 3
Take Responsibility! Don't let failures define you
More
15 years 4 months ago #28328 by novembre
@Chojin: how valuable has the ITIL cert been? Thinking it might help me understand where my management team are sometimes coming from. Not sure how useful it looks on my C.V.
More
15 years 4 months ago #28330 by Chojin

@Chojin: how valuable has the ITIL cert been? Thinking it might help me understand where my management team are sometimes coming from. Not sure how useful it looks on my C.V.

ITIL is just a nice add-on for the rest of the certs.
For companies bounded to ITIL the most of the times request you to have some knowledge about ITIL, but if yóu don't have the cert it isn't a problem because it's kinda basic and easy.

For incident managers, problem managers and people busy with these kind of jobs it is mandatory, but they require some additional ITIL certs.

I think for IT people it's not really important, the look more on your IT skill then ITIL skills :).

For me, I don't think the ITIL had a real big value, but maybe on 1 or 2 jobs it could have weight in the decision to hire me.

If you have time left, just do the ITIL Foundation, it's a nice one to start in the IT world.

CCNA / CCNP / CCNA - Security / CCIP / Prince2 / Checkpoint CCSA
More
15 years 4 months ago #28331 by talk2sp
Replied by talk2sp on topic YEAH YEAH CHOJIN...
yeah yeah chojin

BORN TO BE GREAT

c0de - 3
Take Responsibility! Don't let failures define you
More
15 years 4 months ago #28353 by sose
An IT pro say mcse with a degree is better than an IT pro without a degree if both are technically good.
the aim of acquiring a degree goes beyond getting a high paying jobs.

chojin
It is time that will make you feel like having a degree, when you are suppose to be supervising big projects and managing technical people, at that time a lot of experts will tender their CVs for the job and technical people with multiple degrees will have a better chance of heading a nation wide IT infrastructure.

go to India and you will see 13-16yrs old boys with double the number of your certs some of them without any cert and are making 5 times what you think you are making
Time to create page: 0.152 seconds