Skip to main content

go to master in network via ccnp

More
15 years 4 months ago #28356 by novembre

go to India and you will see 13-16yrs old boys with double the number of your certs some of them without any cert and are making 5 times what you think you are making

If you are talking salary, then that is wrong. Engineers are a dime a dozen in India and paid as such.

Education is all relevant to the individual. Some of the most important chiefs at my company (large Telco) have no education, some went to Oxford. In the NOC some senior guys are CCIE and some will never be certified but are as still highly skilled as the CCIE guys. Salary is usually contingent on what worth you bring to the company.

I'm currently pursuing CCNP / CCIP cause I wanna get into contracting. I thought I had known much of what is in CCNP prior to starting but I am picking up quite a few tips and trick which will help me out.
More
15 years 4 months ago #28358 by talk2sp
Hey Sose i think u don't get the point here. i think ur mind is tuned towards the B.SC thingy. as i earlier said no one saying B.Sc is bullshit but i tell u the truth i challenged u using our country as a sample..... just as November said sose u knw all these big contractors we have @ the Fed Capital Territory in Nigeria right. Go find out the following - Julius Berger, SCC, Arab Contractors, if most of them went tru B.SC they should have taught them English etc.... and so much of them around and u knw the shocking part is that they come and command Nigerians around here who have B.SC and give them stupid roles within the company... Bros get it str8 B.Sc is not a measure of an IT pros success.

and just incase u have forgoten MCSE 2003 is no more valid....

BORN TO BE GREAT

c0de - 3
Take Responsibility! Don't let failures define you
More
15 years 4 months ago #28359 by Chojin

and just incase u have forgoten MCSE 2003 is no more valid....

Not more valid?
Because we can run on 2008 right now??? If you have MCSE 200x than that is definitely a big plus on your resume or am I misunderstanding your point?

I completely agree with your point on B.SC.

CCNA / CCNP / CCNA - Security / CCIP / Prince2 / Checkpoint CCSA
More
15 years 4 months ago #28360 by sose
mcse is still valid but if you upgrade on server 2005 and server 2008 its a big plus. you know by default if you know 2003 server you will not have problem with 2005 and 2008 you will just notice some additional components

when ever you have the chance of getting a B Sc just grab it.
if you never had the chance you can run online degree classes.
the degree cant stop your certs

a ten years old indian i met in nigeria and trained in nigeria is already a security expert and is consulting for many banks in nigeria. but he is still very much planning towards obtaining a degree
More
15 years 4 months ago #28363 by talk2sp
chojin i was trying to say; u knw Sose said and IT pro...... MCSE..... so i reminded him that MCSE 2003 cert not the OS has been faced out. u might need to re-certify.....

Sose i was referring to MCSE 2003 cert not OS

merry Christmas to everyone......?

BORN TO BE GREAT

c0de - 3
Take Responsibility! Don't let failures define you
More
15 years 4 months ago #28373 by sose
Talk2sp 90% of organisations are still running on 2003 cos it can support all their business need. thought in theory it is good to upgrade. to understand what I am talking about , lets pose a question like this

how many people on this forum are certified on microsoft serve 2005 and 2008?

this result of this poll will surprise you
Time to create page: 0.151 seconds