3CX, developer of the software-based unified communications solution, has announced the release of 3CX V15 Service Pack 5 which brings the final Linux version of the PBX. The update achieves complete feature parity with the popular Windows version of the software. The company also reports that SP5 has added further automation of admin management tasks and made hosting of the system in the cloud easier with leading cloud providers.
If you’re looking for a free Unified Communications solution compatible with mobile phones and any SIP IP phone while at the same time provides advanced collaboration features then look no further. Download and run the free 3CX UC system now. Available for both Windows and Linux operating systems.
Improvements to Auto Updates / Backups
- Automatic uploading of backups to a Google Drive Account.
- Automatic restoration of backups to another instance with failover.
- Easier configuration of failover.
- Automatic installation of OS security updates for Debian.
- Automatic installation of 3CX tested product updates.
- Automatic downloads of tested phone firmwares and alerts for outdated firmware.
- A Labs feature to test upcoming updates released for BETA.
- Digital receptionists can be configured as a wake-up call service extension.
- GMail or Office 365 accounts can be more easily configured for notification emails from the PBX.
- Improved DID source identification.
- Windows and Mac clients are now bundled with the main install.
- Automatic push of chat messages to the iOS and Android smartphone clients.
Further Documentation & Download Links
- Download V15 for Windows here.
- Guide for Linux installation. Debian Linux 8 ONLY.
- Download the ISO here.
- Guide for Deploying and Provisioning 3CX Automatically.
- Admin Manual.
- User Manual.
- Complete change log.