Skip to main content

Firewall.cx's New Linux Section

More
18 years 10 months ago #9012 by Chris
For all those interested, we haven't forgotten about the new articles we announced 3 months ago :)

In fact we decided to combine them into one big topic and simply split it into sections. The result is 7 sections which cover the following:

Section 1: Why Use Linux?

Section 2: The Linux File System.

Section 3: The Linux Command Line.

Section 4: Installing Software On Linux.

Section 5: Advanced Linux Commands.

Section 6: Linux File Permissions.

Section 7: Finding More Information.

While the material is ready, at the moment we are formatting Sections 6 & 7, so we should have them online for you within the week if all goes according to schedule!

Cheers,

Chris Partsenidis.
Founder & Editor-in-Chief
www.Firewall.cx
More
18 years 10 months ago #9016 by DaLight
Nice work guys!! Hopefully this will lead to a reduction in the number of "The Pain of a Linux Newbie.." stories. (Sorry Bishop!!)
More
18 years 9 months ago #9021 by TheBishop
Replied by TheBishop on topic Pain
Yeah, weve had some good comments following my post around which distro to get started with. It will all have been worth it if these recommendations can be distilled into one of the sections. I'm sure that would make it easier for more people to begin with happier memories of their first installs
More
18 years 9 months ago #9028 by sahirh
Bishops post was a really useful thing for people starting out, better to know what you're getting into before you get your hands burned.

That said, we're real proud of this new article... should really help the newbies out.. its got lots of pretty pictures as well.

This one's good -- even if we say so ourselves hehe :)

Cheers all,

Sahir Hidayatullah.
Firewall.cx Staff - Associate Editor & Security Advisor
tftfotw.blogspot.com
More
18 years 9 months ago #9035 by The_Berzerker
I'm glad that there will be a good reference for linux newbies. If there is any way that i can help please contact me, i'll be glad to do it. When i started trying linux i was lucky because i have a friend that really helped me out......
Cheers
More
18 years 9 months ago #9231 by KiLLaBeE
When is the new scheduled date for the new article's availability?

Thanks
Time to create page: 0.153 seconds