Skip to main content

Firewall.cx's New Linux Section

More
19 years 4 months ago #6429 by gl0bal
Well thanks to the posts I have been reading form you guys and a very helpful fellow over at Avaya I am now experimenting with Linux (as of today).

Its a bit of a learning curve I must say but the one thing I have found super helpful so far is the knoppix-std distribution from www.knoppix-std.org/

Sahirh - would this be one of those links that might prove useful to other Windows users who are experimenting with Linux in your Linux articles.
More
19 years 4 months ago #6450 by MezzUp
Replied by MezzUp on topic Re: tutorials

- what logs to check for various problems and where they are.
- the important configuration files and what they are used for
- I would like to see a tutorial somewhere on how to setup and use MRTG/RDD and create custom web pages to go with it.

Second all of those, and in that order :)

Also, I think there are more than enough "what distro?" guides out there, I think we could do without one :)
More
19 years 4 months ago #6484 by kudlaty
Chris, i'm still waiting for that iptables tutorial You've promised

:)

Since F.cx is site which focus on firewalls and networking i think that it would be great to mention some of Linux-box hardening and Linux networking. You could also pick one of this topics:
1). How to setup some popular services - samba, http, ssh ...
2). Some basic bash programing.
3). Kernel compiling.

Your site is great. ( it lacks wireless networking - but maybe soon... :roll: ).
More
19 years 4 months ago #6489 by sahirh
Chris actually does a great IPtables tutorial, I sat through it in netmeeting one night ! I still have it saved..

You guys better force him to write it :)

Sahir Hidayatullah.
Firewall.cx Staff - Associate Editor & Security Advisor
tftfotw.blogspot.com
More
19 years 3 months ago #6726 by sahirh
The Linux section is officially open :)

Notice the little 'Linux/Unix' menu between 'Networking' and 'Articles' ? If not, you may need to clear your cache.

Here's a direct link as
www.firewall.cx/linux-openmosix-intro.php

Cheers,

Sahir Hidayatullah.
Firewall.cx Staff - Associate Editor & Security Advisor
tftfotw.blogspot.com
More
19 years 1 month ago #7616 by Chris
We would like to inform you that there are two new articles almost ready to be published in our Linux section.

The first one is a basic introduction to the Linux operating system, while the second one is a trip around the linux command line and some great utilities you can use to get your job done.

We've been spending some time on cleaning the site from some old junk code which has been responsible for the delay some have experienced when visiting the forums. To give you an idea what a clean up involves, we'll just mention that this site consists of over 6200 files :)

There's alot of work being done constantly on the site, its material and the upcoming Cisco lab, and unfortunately priorities change constantly depending on the problems and site enhancements we want to bring online, so please do bear with us!

Cheers,

Chris Partsenidis.
Founder & Editor-in-Chief
www.Firewall.cx
Time to create page: 0.158 seconds