Skip to main content

Which Browser and Why?

More
15 years 6 months ago #27549 by sose
Replied by sose on topic Re: Which Browser and Why?
I am in trouble....... my use of language

I am glad that my response is gingering this trend

I also am glad that I have apologized upfront anticipating misconceptions

I am glad I did not attempt to shut this trend

I have learnt alot from Bishop and his contribution in this forum cannot be overemphasised, once again I withdraw any discomforting word in my earlier statement

But one KILLABEA is daring me, honestly speaking I dont have any comment regarding him. But next time you dare me I will call 911 hahahaha
More
15 years 6 months ago #27566 by TheBishop
This is interesting. If you read back, much of what we're expressing relates far more to the design/usability and features of the browser we prefer rather than to any technical merit or defect. I'd say the technical issues are getting no more than 25% of the vote here with usability and killer features (for us) being the decider. Anyone else want to share their preference and reasons?
More
15 years 6 months ago #27569 by ZiPPy
Replied by ZiPPy on topic Re: Which Browser and Why?
How do you truly know a user likes the browser they have selected purely for its features and performance and not for its name?

It's a rather tough question to ask. But what if a test was done such as the one Microsoft did on Vista with project Mojave.

A user would use various browsers not knowing which one they were using, and they would simply all look the same. Then you can truly see if the user likes the browser for its features and not lead to like it for its name. Granted, this would be a little difficult as the look and feel has a lot to do with the selection of a browser, but you guys get my drift.

I think the project Mojave was an excellent example and really made people think!

Cheers,

ZiPPy

ZiPPy
More
15 years 6 months ago #27574 by KiLLaBeE
Replied by KiLLaBeE on topic Re: Which Browser and Why?

5. Built-in auto correction/dictionary while you type. Very important for me.

VERY important to me too :-)

I'd be interested to know why non-technical users prefer Firefox (or whatever browsers they use) or even care about browsers period. One of our clients at work uses a web-based chat application that they use to talk with customers. From the admin tool of the applicatoin, you can see the customers in queue for chat, along with the customers' IP addresses (of course) and what browser they use. Being that IE has a larger market share, most of the users connect with IE6 and 7, but what surprised me was that there was actually a pretty large number of users who use Firefox too (~20% or so). The industry the client services isn't aimed strictly at techs either.

I'd be interested to see the test suggested by ZiPPy...I think browser performance and speed would definitely identify which browser is which.
More
15 years 6 months ago #27669 by KiLLaBeE
Replied by KiLLaBeE on topic Re: Which Browser and Why?
Firefox demonstrated to me once again that I didn't need a replacement browser -- if I accidently close a tab, I can go to History > Recently Closed Tabs and easily recover the tab :-). Not sure if this is new in Firefox 3 or if it was around in 2 but never noticed by me.
More
15 years 6 months ago #27679 by S0lo
Replied by S0lo on topic Re: Which Browser and Why?

Firefox demonstrated to me once again that I didn't need a replacement browser -- if I accidently close a tab, I can go to History > Recently Closed Tabs and easily recover the tab :-). Not sure if this is new in Firefox 3 or if it was around in 2 but never noticed by me.

Never noticed that too. It's seams new, I just checked and did not find it on Firefox 2.

Studying CCNP...

Ammar Muqaddas
Forum Moderator
www.firewall.cx
Time to create page: 0.152 seconds