Skip to main content

Which Browser and Why?

More
15 years 6 months ago #27764 by KiLLaBeE
Replied by KiLLaBeE on topic Re: Which Browser and Why?
I sometimes achieve 25 tabs during my Wikipedia "sessions" that last till bed time, where I eventually just close out the browser completely.

Although I like the tab scrolling feature of Firefox, I hate when I have to do it. I hate the delay involved in scrolling and finding what I need, so I instead try to keep the tab count low enough to not scroll...and now that I think of it, I wonder if there's a setting in about:config on Firefox that would allow me to speed up the scroll :-D....I'll have to look that up.

I can't stand when I can't read what the taskbars read (as a result of having too many windows), so I avoid at all costs opening many windows. I tried raising the start menu level, but then I felt really disorganized when I had 50 windows open. As a result, I DO feel that tabbed browsing is a "the world has been waiting for this through long ages of darkness" feature :-D
More
15 years 6 months ago #27767 by TheBishop
I'm glad tabbed browsing works for you. One feature in Firefox that I do like (since I'm in danger of being branded "the abominable 'no' man") is the separate download helper box. It's great to have downloads pop out into a separate window that retains a list so you can easily go back and see what you did and find the files. It must be age, but I periodically find myself searching for something I downloaded but can't find where it got put.
More
12 years 11 months ago #36864 by wallyMiel
Well if you ask me which browser I choose I maybe choose 2 browsers. First, I choose Firefox because of the plug-ins that I can use whenever I am in search something in the net or maybe doing something in the net. When there are site that are too flashy or firefox cannot open it quickly I go for Google Chrome fro faster web site opening.
Time to create page: 0.147 seconds