Skip to main content

How it worked for me

More
17 years 5 months ago #18454 by talk2sp
How it worked for me was created by talk2sp
hey people i have something to share with u all....

ok first i will ask a question then if u have answers u post it and if u have never encountered such problem or if u have and could not solve it then mail me talk2sp@gmail.com or talk2sp@30gigs.com then i supply the step by step answers or preferably solutions to the problem.

this is the question?

QUESTION

as an I.T consultant and u a customer brought his laptop to u that it was not booting. so the customer was advised by some illiterates that he should repair win xp installation and when he did the system did not still start all it showed was blue screen of death and even if u went tru safe mode it will not still start. instead the system is asking indirectly for u to reformat. note one thing the customer's life is on the laptop. he has just been paid like 250$ for some web design Job which he had to do some PHP work. and everything was on the system and unfourtunately he had no one backup of his files. now like 15 people have failed him and u are his last hope ten of the 15 that failed him directed him to u so wat do u.

what do u do to get his files intact without one been affected and u knw what that now he was using win xp pro but now win xp home edition.

MAY BE SOME OF U KNW THIS BUT LETS EDUCATE AGAIN...

BORN TO BE GREAT

c0de - 3
Take Responsibility! Don't let failures define you
More
17 years 5 months ago #18458 by jhun
Replied by jhun on topic Re: How it worked for me
i'll probably use a live cd to get the files from the hdd and then reformat it.
More
17 years 5 months ago #18459 by talk2sp
Replied by talk2sp on topic live Cd1!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
sorry Jhun which live cd will u use to get it back.....

BORN TO BE GREAT

c0de - 3
More
17 years 5 months ago #18461 by jhun
either bart pe boot cd or knoppix std...
More
17 years 5 months ago #18462 by jhun
i forgot you could also try out auditor. nice one too...
More
17 years 5 months ago #18464 by talk2sp
hey jhun u have nice ideas but check out what i did - i installed a double operating system on one partition which i knew was not normally done but i did it... then i was given the option that should the former data be wiped off so i said no.... then i followed carefully the instructions then i shifted all my data to \windows\ (named a folder). then it copied the files and then installed the new OS..

my brother the process is so long till i hear from u again but one more thing to say it only takes one who believes in himself that could fix dt problem......

cheers.....

BORN TO BE GREAT

c0de - 3
Time to create page: 0.152 seconds