hi,
try this method:

[code:1]
C:\ipconfig /release

#then after the ipaddress have been release type:

C:\ipconfig /renew

#this would ensure that you get new sets of ip addresses for your card
[/code:1]

if that does not work you could try and disabling first you LAN card and just use your wireless adapter to see if it is working.

if that does not still work you could try and reinstall the drivers for your wireless card or upgrade them if there are available ones. remember to use the right type of drivers for your card.

hope this helps
More
18 years 6 months ago #10705 by apit
this is not related with driver or etc...
because when i use it at other location, everything is going fine..
my concern is on the AP itself...
More
18 years 6 months ago #10707 by jhun
well if it's an issue on the AP then a second look on the config of the AP might bring some light. base from your diagram it should be able to get ip address leases on the DHCP server and not generating on its own. also the gateway should also be set on it to have it point to the network's gateway as well. the function basically of the AP then is to relay network parameters to wireless recipients such as your laptop.
More
18 years 6 months ago #10708 by jhun
also, just a quick question, are there any wireless hosts experiencing the same problem other than your laptop?
More
18 years 6 months ago #10710 by Arani
Replied by Arani on topic i second that
yes i agree with jhun, on the diagnostics part for the pcmcia card for wireless. and you did not say if you get to connect to the internet while having a 172.x.x.x address?
more so, try checking if dhcp is enabled on your card. check the ip addresses of the webserver, the dhcp server and the proxy, and also check their subnet masks if there is any. if you see a similarity in terms of class of address and masks, and find that there are other addresses in that class and group. try assigning that to you laptop. if that does not work try checking if the laptop is able to contact the dhcp using the wireless connection. as you say the wireless card drivers is not the problem, i am discarding the idea of reinstalling drivers for it as a solution. the wireless should be able to send a DHCPDISCOVER packet which would be replied by the dhcp server with a valid IP address for use.

Picking pebbles on the shore of the networking ocean
Time to create page: 0.151 seconds