Skip to main content

wireless problem - cannot grab ip

More
18 years 6 months ago #10722 by apit

also, just a quick question, are there any wireless hosts experiencing the same problem other than your laptop?

yes there are..
More
18 years 6 months ago #10723 by apit
ok..actually the real situation is like this..
we have 4 building..every building have 4 level..
every level have 2 AP..
so i channel the ap like this:

level 1: channel 1 channel 6
level 2: channel 6 channel 1
level 3: channel 1 channel 6
level 4: channel 6 channel 1

for every building i used 4 different SSID
every buiding also have their own switch
so all ap at every building connected to their own switch
all switch at each building will connected to core switch at data center using single mode fiber..

the problem is user at building 1 can't get ip using wireless network but others 3 building can grab ip without any problem
so is it the configuration problem or the ap itself?
More
18 years 6 months ago #10725 by Arani
seems very clear that if that same host is able to grab an ip on all other levels, it should be able to do it in level 1 as well. check settings on the ap for level 1. i think a quick look at the channel settings will forward you towards a solution. maybe you would want to reconfigure the ap again for that level.

Picking pebbles on the shore of the networking ocean
More
18 years 6 months ago #10729 by The_Berzerker
It appears as a configuration problem. Are all the APs from the same vendor?? I once had a problem with a Level-One AP which wouldn't communicate witch didn't let the DHCP server to give IP to the client.
It only worked when it was acting as a DHCP server itself. Maybe that's the situation with your access point.
Let us know of any changes.
More
18 years 6 months ago #10731 by apit

seems very clear that if that same host is able to grab an ip on all other levels, it should be able to do it in level 1 as well. check settings on the ap for level 1. i think a quick look at the channel settings will forward you towards a solution. maybe you would want to reconfigure the ap again for that level.

so how to re-channel back the Ap?
More
18 years 6 months ago #10732 by Arani
Replied by Arani on topic not my domain
since i have not personally configured a ap, it would be best for you to start looking at the configuration of the other ap's available to your at this moment. check their settings, and note any differences between level 1 and the other levels. if they all match, well then we are all back to square one, but if there is a glaring difference, you will know what to change. refer to the manual provided for changing settings on your ap.

Picking pebbles on the shore of the networking ocean
Time to create page: 0.148 seconds