Skip to main content

wireless problem - cannot grab ip

More
18 years 6 months ago #10733 by Arani
Replied by Arani on topic listen to the berzerker
i would actually go by bezerker's advice on the ap's. its pretty obvious that the switch should be acting as a dhcp, unless you would assign ip address yourself to the hosts, and make a static table for connectivity

Picking pebbles on the shore of the networking ocean
More
18 years 6 months ago #10773 by jhun
well now that cleared up something... :)
the problem, as have been pointed out would be in the building 1's AP. base on your previous posts it seems that it is not giving out ip address leases since the laptop is getting somewhat a default ip address. check the configuration if it has dhcp enabled on it. also, does the AP on building 1 appear on the wireless network list? this is the list on XP that would allow you to connect to wireless networks within range given the privilege to do so.
More
18 years 6 months ago #10780 by DaLight

we have 4 building..every building have 4 level..
every level have 2 AP..
so i channel the ap like this:

level 1: channel 1 channel 6
level 2: channel 6 channel 1
level 3: channel 1 channel 6
level 4: channel 6 channel 1

for every building i used 4 different SSID
every buiding also have their own switch
so all ap at every building connected to their own switch
all switch at each building will connected to core switch at data center using single mode fiber..

apit, just a quick question. From your description above of the building/level wireless AP distribution, it would appear that each building has 8 APs. Are you saying that no user on any level in Building 1 can acquire an IP wirelessly? In that case, unless all the APs in Building 1 have exactly the same configuration error, I think your problem may lie somewhere else. I would look at the links between the APs and the switch in Building 1.
More
18 years 6 months ago #10862 by apit
ermm.. i'm agree with you all..
have to check the link between Ap and switch..
thanks all..

one more thing, is the channle plan is important or just set the configuration to auto?
Time to create page: 0.147 seconds