Skip to main content

Pc keeps restarting

More
19 years 4 months ago #5902 by jhun
Replied by jhun on topic Re: Pc keeps restarting
hi

you haven't mention if you have patched you system?...have you visited microsoft's windows update lately?
More
19 years 4 months ago #5903 by pauljc
Replied by pauljc on topic Re: Pc keeps restarting
yes, and i had mentioned it :P
More
19 years 4 months ago #5904 by jhun
Replied by jhun on topic Re: Pc keeps restarting
hi,

my apologies.. :lol:

anyway.. check your task manager for any suspicious processes running in you background. if you say that alll seems find especially for both OS and hardware, then i guess a third party application either a post-installed application or virus/trojan has been conflicting with your system that keeps on restarting it every now and then...
More
19 years 4 months ago #5906 by FallenZer0
Replied by FallenZer0 on topic Re: Pc keeps restarting

well, i dont get an error it just restarts, i dont have tht process and i do update windows, i have searched for blaster b4, and i dont use safe mode.

I'm sure its my ram tbh

--Check the below link.

www.thebillygoatcurse.com/documents/MalwareCheck.pdf

The 1st step is to Update the OS and since you do update your machine, you wouldn't require Step-1.

Step-2, it says optional.

Get Ad-Aware, Spybot Search & Destroy and an Anti-Virus. I know you have picked up 9 spyware programs, but if I were you I would run the above.

I'm not going to write the whole article here, but follow the steps as described till you reach the heading *Check For Symptoms*.

I know you are screaming it might not be a virus. You might be correct. It might not be Blaster. It could be something else. So do what the article tells you to do. You have also mentioned it's not overheating. So lets take one step at a time. Tell us your results.

Also, check the System Log and the Application Log and View the errors and see if they provide any clues and post them here.

BTW, did you install any device drivers or did you perform a roll-back lately?

-There Is A Foolish Corner In The Brain Of The Wisest Man- Aristotle
More
19 years 4 months ago #5907 by drizzle
Replied by drizzle on topic Re: Pc keeps restarting
I didn't get a chance to read the whole thread, but check this too. Go into your system properties (Right Click on My Computer and select properties). Under the Advanced Tab, select the Startup and Recovery settings. Uncheck the "Automatically Restart" checkbox.

I am not saying that you are for sure getting BSOD's but it doesn't hurt to check.

I have seen this a million times. Anytime you get a BSOD (Stop Error), your machine will reboot. And, just to make troubleshooting easier, there is no delay so you don't even see that it is Blue Screening. By default, the box is checked. I turn this off on all Win32 machines I work on. One, if it reboots automatically, you lose your option of "Last Known Good". Also, unless it comes up in a usable state, you can't even (without a lot of work) check the event logs to see what the hell is wrong. Damn Microsoft! :evil: This box should be unchecked by default!

~Drew~
More
19 years 4 months ago #5913 by pauljc
Replied by pauljc on topic Re: Pc keeps restarting

Get Ad-Aware, Spybot Search & Destroy and an Anti-Virus. I know you have picked up 9 spyware programs, but if I were you I would run the above.

Got em, had em ages, Ad-aware SE is the best tbh

I've done all that crap and nothing got picked up ! :(

Anyone got a sledge hammer btw?, like to introduce it to my moniter.
Time to create page: 0.157 seconds