Skip to main content

Pc keeps restarting

More
19 years 4 months ago #5864 by pauljc
Pc keeps restarting was created by pauljc
Hi, about a month ago my Pc started to restart itself, once every 6 hours or so, but now it sometimes restarts every 10 mins or so, i had this problem before and my Pc was overheating, but it isn't this tim e as ive checked, it usually happens when i try to do something big or load to many things together, i dont know if its my RAM or what? ive got two sticks of ram and ive tried switching them round etc but it still happens, ive disabled windows automatic restarting about 5 minutes ago so ill see what happens then, any ideas?
More
19 years 4 months ago #5865 by pauljc
Replied by pauljc on topic Re: Pc keeps restarting
UPDATE: Ok, my Pc has just restarted again! and a blue screen appeared after restart, saying some random stuff tht i culdnt b bothered 2 look at since im freezing atm, :/ :wink: .

Any Ideas? Thx
More
19 years 4 months ago #5866 by Cool_Spot
Replied by Cool_Spot on topic Re: Pc keeps restarting
Sounds like a virus of somesort. Possibly "Blaster". Run a full windows & anti virus update & i'm sure you will find something interesting.
More
19 years 4 months ago #5877 by KiLLaBeE
Replied by KiLLaBeE on topic Re: Pc keeps restarting
if the virus scan doesn't turn up anything, make sure you're 2 sticks of ram are the same speed and type and compatible with the motherboard
More
19 years 4 months ago #5887 by pauljc
Replied by pauljc on topic Re: Pc keeps restarting
right, well ive got about 10 spyware programs and avast anti-virus, and my ram's just find thx :)

how about i throw the Pc outa the window?
More
19 years 4 months ago #5889 by Cool_Spot
Replied by Cool_Spot on topic Re: Pc keeps restarting
Have you ran a windows update? And how does it behave in safe mode?

Even though you have anti-virus software, the files will still get in & play havoc, till you plug the hole (knowledge base 833330) I'm convinced you have the Ms Blaster worm.

www.microsoft.com/security/incident/blast.mspx

Throwing the computer out of the window may help. Beforehand, just watch out below for old grannys, little kittens or stray racoons etc that are maybe in its path.

Best way if problems continue, is just set to it with a big axe!
Time to create page: 0.156 seconds