Skip to main content

pc keeps freezing

More
16 years 8 months ago #22766 by Rockape
Replied by Rockape on topic Re: pc keeps freezing
Hi,

I'm sure you've already tried this, but when was the last time you defraged you PC. In addition, it may be that your hard-drive is "filling up" and you need to clear some stuff off the disk.

Cheers

Rockape
More
16 years 8 months ago #22786 by skylimit
Replied by skylimit on topic Re: pc keeps freezing
thanks a lot guys...problem still persists. I have done a scan disk, virus and spyware check which returned good results, driver upgrade etc but still cant figure out why the pc freezes after about 10-15mins of usage. No cpu intensive as I can see from the task manager...I have over 70GB free space of hdd so I dont think defragmenting would make any difference. Worst of all no error message is displayed as to whats going on. Also the light on the keyboard (num lock) stays on when i shut down the pc. can anyone help please? I appreciate all contributions to this...

"...you are never too old to learn" anon
More
16 years 8 months ago #22788 by skepticals
Replied by skepticals on topic Re: pc keeps freezing
Which browser are you using? Have you tried different browsers? Does it freeze randomly or on specific web sites?
More
16 years 8 months ago #22801 by Rockape
Replied by Rockape on topic Re: pc keeps freezing
Have you check the event logs on your PC, you might get some clues from there.

Cheers

Rockape
More
16 years 8 months ago #22816 by durk21
Replied by durk21 on topic Re: pc keeps freezing
IT is a problem with a recent WINDOWS UPDATE there is no known fix or patch for this yet they tweaked internet explorer and he update not only affects IE 7.0 but any other browser versions. Note even if you ar enot using IE 7.0 the updates still download try simply removing the most current IE update from Windows.

Also if you are using an adapter wireless / HPNA or anything like that there maybe interferance on the line or crosstalk so check that out as well.
More
16 years 8 months ago #22883 by skylimit
Replied by skylimit on topic Re: pc keeps freezing
Im not sure its to do with Win update since i ran an update when i started experiencing this problem. Anyway it could be due to previous updates...i dont know.Also I check my event logs which showed some errors having to do with mmc.exe. Visited Microsofts site for solution but could get any. Sadly, problem still exists - very weird!

any more ideas/suggestions?

Thanks for previous contributions...

"...you are never too old to learn" anon
Time to create page: 0.152 seconds