Skip to main content

pc keeps freezing

More
16 years 8 months ago #22886 by Smurf
Replied by Smurf on topic Re: pc keeps freezing
You don't mention what OS you are running, from the posts it seems we are talking Microsoft but is it XP/Vista ?

Do you have any System Restore Points that you can try a restore from ? If you are correct and it is something in the registry then this will recover that issue.

From what you have tried it sounds more like a rebuild of the OS is in order. This is normally a good idea after around 6 months anyway since the machine will get clogged up with software installation, software uninstallations and dll files can get out of sync for different software (i.e. new versions are overwritten, etc..). Its wise to make a base image of the machine to help recovery quickly. Take a look at this post where i explain the process i go through www.firewall.cx/ftopict-3776-image.html

Cheers

Wayne

Wayne Murphy
Firewall.cx Team Member
www.firewall.cx

Now working for a Security Company called Sec-1 Ltd in the UK, for any
Penetration Testing work visit www.sec-1.com or PM me for details.
More
16 years 7 months ago #23231 by tea_clipper
Replied by tea_clipper on topic Re: pc keeps freezing
try checking the modem, LAN cards if any, plug and play hardware....try removing them or replacing them...gud day

Best days!
More
16 years 6 months ago #23391 by oshabby
Replied by oshabby on topic pc keeps freezing
I'll advice u ckeck the IDE cables for ur hard disk if they are functioning properly or try replacing them.

Ayokunle Saba (oshabby)
Wizards Solutions Ltd
Akure, Ondo State
Nigeria
More
16 years 6 months ago #23392 by oshabby
Replied by oshabby on topic pc keeps freezing
I'll advice u ckeck the IDE cables for ur hard disk if they are functioning properly or try replacing them.

Ayokunle Saba (oshabby)
Wizards Solutions Ltd
Akure, Ondo State
Nigeria
Time to create page: 0.149 seconds