Skip to main content

pc keeps freezing

More
16 years 7 months ago #22754 by skylimit
pc keeps freezing was created by skylimit
hi guys, I wonder if I could get help here. Recently my system keeps freezing while im surfing the web. The mouse pointer stops moving, every running program e.g. windows media player stops working and I have to restart my system. Also my anti-virus stopped working too. I have re-installed it but it doesnt help. No error message is displayed as to the cause. Im guessing its something to do with the registry but im not sure. any responses as to how to fix this problem will be greatly appreciated. thanks

ps. this is happening for the first time.

"...you are never too old to learn" anon
More
16 years 7 months ago #22756 by S0lo
Replied by S0lo on topic Re: pc keeps freezing
First check the task manager if there are processes that are taking 100% cpu time and kill them. Although, I don't think this is the problem, The mouse usually does'nt freeze unless there is a hardware or a driver problem. usually a miss configured or a faulty display driver. Try updating your display driver to the newest version.

Studying CCNP...

Ammar Muqaddas
Forum Moderator
www.firewall.cx
More
16 years 7 months ago #22757 by Alans
Replied by Alans on topic Re: pc keeps freezing
also check the temperature inside, like check fans if they all
are working normally, i saw some cases like this when there were
a problem in the RAM, try testing your RAM with some tools to see
if it is ok or not...

always Face your Fears...
More
16 years 7 months ago #22760 by skylimit
Replied by skylimit on topic Re: pc keeps freezing
thanks guys. I've done all you suggested: process check, graphics card driver update, windows update and even my wifi card update but the problem still exists. any more help appreciated.

"...you are never too old to learn" anon
More
16 years 7 months ago #22761 by KiLLaBeE
Replied by KiLLaBeE on topic Re: pc keeps freezing
Does this happen only when you are specifically surfing the Net or anytime you are running CPU intensive apps?

My computer freezes when I run CPU intensive apps (virus scan or backing up files to portable hdd or NAS). It either freezes and sits there or freezes then blue screens. I've replaced the heatsink on my CPU, suspecting that the computer was overheating, but the problem continues, next thing I will do is replace the RAM. The problem doesn't bother me enough to cause me to replace the RAM.

N
More
16 years 7 months ago #22762 by DaLight
Replied by DaLight on topic Re: pc keeps freezing
Also check out this thread .
Time to create page: 0.154 seconds