Skip to main content

pc technician who's boss won't explain things to him ..

More
20 years 6 months ago #1204 by Raggedy_Hobo
www.angelfire.com/blues2/raggedy_hobo/images/icon_with_I.bmp

here's another icon i just got ..

see, i'm sit'n here at the new server .. we have no customers up yet .. just a test network for now until the server is properly configured and my boss refuses to work on the weekends .. so i get to fiddle around with it this weekend (the DHCP part only) until he comes in and does the actual config on monday ..

heh, ever been the only computer on a dedicated T1 line!!! talk about fast .. :D

In the beginning ...

I wonder, where will this road lead me

I configured and got running my first "real" network ever on October 22, 2003 at 5am THANKS to the wonderful people of www.firewall.cx/index.php
More
20 years 6 months ago #1205 by Chris
Sounds like the ideal time for some FAST downloading :) !

Chris Partsenidis.
Founder & Editor-in-Chief
www.Firewall.cx
More
20 years 6 months ago #1206 by Raggedy_Hobo
rofl .. aye .. unfortunatly, i don't have an extra HD or zip drive to store stuff on !!! lol

is it safe to post the IP's given (basically, the LAN side of my test server)?? i want to show you how i have it setup .. i'm assuming the router is properly configured since they did that last week and said we were ready to connect/configure our clients/server (and since i'm in the internet now :D )

In the beginning ...

I configured and got running my first "real" network ever on October 22, 2003 at 5am THANKS to the wonderful people of www.firewall.cx/index.php
More
20 years 6 months ago #1207 by Raggedy_Hobo
i want to see how i'm getting this destination net unreachable .. i know i've got the right mask in .. and the client computer is setup with the proper DNS/Gateway and obtain automatically .. how is it possible to get a gateway from a server and not be able to talk to that server!!??

this is cool/weird

In the beginning ...

More
20 years 6 months ago #1208 by Raggedy_Hobo
actually .. tell you what .. lemme finish reading this site today/tonight .. i'll come in tomorrow morning .. play with it some, see if it doesn't work properly :D

it's 4pm, Oct 18th, here where i am .. so the timing will be a pain .. more than likely, you'll be asleep when i'm working on this tomorrow ..

i'll post my success/failures though .. i'm gonna go home and finish reading this site

thanks for your help though .. i really appreciate it

In the beginning ...

More
20 years 6 months ago #1209 by Chris
Raggedy,

No problems, just keep us informed on your progress!

thanks for your help though .. i really appreciate it

- Your Welcome! Just spread the word :wink:

Cheers mate,

Chris Partsenidis.
Founder & Editor-in-Chief
www.Firewall.cx
Time to create page: 0.163 seconds