Skip to main content

Important Information on the new Firewall.cx website!

More
12 years 6 months ago - 12 years 6 months ago #37436 by Chris
Facebook was easy, go to your Facebook profile homepage and right click on the top right corner and select 'Copy link location'.

If you paste the link in notepad, you'll get your user profile address: " www.facebook.com/cpartsenidis ". Now simply copy paste your username, 'cpartsenidis' in my case, in the Facebook field of your profile.

Alan, how did you figure out your Linkedin ID/Username?

Chris Partsenidis.
Founder & Editor-in-Chief
www.Firewall.cx
Last edit: 12 years 6 months ago by Chris.
More
12 years 6 months ago #37442 by TheBishop
On LinkedIn go to Profile then Edit Profile. In the grey box at the bottom you will see your public profile URL. This is the one anybody can use to view your details from the internet. The challenge though is that the prefix our CMS imposes on the LinkedIn button doesn't match the one in my public profile URL (See my previous post for details) so I can't paste in just the name part and get the button to work
More
12 years 6 months ago #37443 by Chris
Yep, I see the problem.

I'll see what I can do, the URL definitely need changing!

Chris Partsenidis.
www.Firewall.cx
More
12 years 6 months ago - 12 years 6 months ago #37445 by S0lo
Wonderful text editor for replies here!! :)

One thing though. Is it just me, or does any one else get this? When the screen resolution is 1024x768, the website width doesn't fit in firefox and IE.

Studying CCNP...

Ammar Muqaddas
Forum Moderator
www.firewall.cx
Last edit: 12 years 6 months ago by S0lo.
More
12 years 6 months ago #37446 by Chris
Solo, Who still uses 1024x768? The new template certainly isn't made for that resolution. The resolution has been adjusted so that the article and forums fit in nicely into the site. I don't think we'll be able to make it any smaller than what it already is :(

Chris Partsenidis.
www.Firewall.cx
More
12 years 6 months ago #37447 by Chris
On another note, and perhaps more important, I'd like to personally thank our new Firewall.cx member, Glenn Matthys (RedShift), who pointed out a serious security issue with one of our site's module and also provided a fix/patch for it!

It's great to see members 'looking out' for Firewall.cx and taking the time to analyse and fix problems found.

Once again, a big 'Thank You' to Redshift!

Chris Partsenidis.
www.Firewall.cx
Time to create page: 0.157 seconds