Skip to main content

Important Information on the new Firewall.cx website!

More
12 years 7 months ago #37423 by Arani
Hi Chris

Noticed something on the main page. The menus at the top, e.g. Network Topics. It has more submenus under it e.g. Protocols. But when I hover the mouse over the right pointing arrow next to Protocols, is it supposed to expand to show what's under Protocols Menu or do I have to actually click on Protocols to see what's under it?

Worth a look, what say you?

Cheers

Picking pebbles on the shore of the networking ocean
More
12 years 7 months ago #37425 by Chris
I like this 'Quick Reply' button :)

Arani, that's the way its suppose to work. The arrow is there just to show that there is more content, but you must click on the title to load the section and reveal the articles and sub-categories.

We moved to this structure because the menus were getting way to long to make them easy to navigate - you needed to hover your mouse through the menus like your going through a puzzle!

I just am not sure why some sections have the arrow, but others don't - haven't figured that one out yet.

Chris Partsenidis.
Founder & Editor-in-Chief
www.Firewall.cx
More
12 years 7 months ago #37426 by TheBishop
Ooooh yes. Quick reply is nice, isn't it!
I like the way the new menus work. For some reason though they all drop down except Downloads which takes you to a separate page.
Did you see my comment earlier re the Facebook and LinkedIn buttons on the user profiles? You might have missed it because I added it as an edit
More
12 years 7 months ago #37427 by Chris
Alan, no I didn't see the Facebook/Linkedin buttons, what issue did you find mate?

Chris Partsenidis.
www.Firewall.cx
More
12 years 7 months ago #37428 by TheBishop
[Edit] Just been trying the various entries under the profile for Facebook, LinkedIn etc and the buttons I get under both your profiles do go to the appropriate website but return 'page not found' so I'm not sure this is working
More
12 years 7 months ago #37429 by Chris
Oh yes ... I see what you mean - well it would help greatly if I entered the correct details :) My Facebook account is now linked correctly - I had an incorrect name, however I can't find the right name for Linkedin :)

Chris Partsenidis.
www.Firewall.cx
Time to create page: 0.155 seconds