Skip to main content

Important Information on the new Firewall.cx website!

More
12 years 7 months ago #37363 by Chris
Jester,

There have been a number of complications. Perhaps the most important is migrating all 'valid' user accounts to the new system where once this was performed, we lost the user registration date and everyone seems like they registered on this site on the 1st of Jan. 1970!

The fix for this was found and now we stumbled across a new issue where user passwords need to be reset, however this seems like some bug in the migration process. We are waiting for this issue to be resolved as its very important.

Unfortunately, the user and forum migration isn't a easy and smooth process. We need to move the forums to another two platforms before we can import the data to the new CMS/Forum system.

As you can appreciate, there are a number of parameters that can go wrong when performing such large and complex migrations.

Hopefully we'll have the important issues dealt with and we will be able to switch to the new site and slowly continue working on the site until we bring it to the level we want.

Oh, and did we mention that we won't have any private messages on the new forums? Private messaging wont be available until a week after the migration :)

So, if anyone has problems, just PM us :)

Cheers,

Chris Partsenidis.
Founder & Editor-in-Chief
www.Firewall.cx
More
12 years 7 months ago #37365 by Alans
YAYYY i'm a valid account :P
Congrats guys and keep it up.

always Face your Fears...
More
12 years 7 months ago #37366 by Chris
Alans,

Congratulations, your post if the first one since the migration :)

Please let us know what your impressions of the new sites are and if you like the new structure.

Thanks mate,

Chris Partsenidis.
Founder & Editor-in-Chief
www.Firewall.cx
More
12 years 7 months ago #37367 by jester
I am a valid user in planet firewall.cx
Thanks guys
B)
More
12 years 7 months ago - 12 years 7 months ago #37368 by next_virus
Best of luck. Hope on Monday everything will be perfect when we will back on this site.
I am also a valid user.
Last edit: 12 years 7 months ago by next_virus.
More
12 years 7 months ago #37371 by Alans

Chris wrote: Alans,

Congratulations, your post if the first one since the migration :)

Please let us know what your impressions of the new sites are and if you like the new structure.

Thanks mate,

First one to post!! :woohoo: where is my gift?

Well done Chris, I like the new look and I'm happy you were able to keep the uniqueness of this website.

always Face your Fears...
Time to create page: 0.154 seconds