* Cisco Network Assistant
* Advanced EIGRP and OSPF
* Introduction to Wireless networks
* More security
* Lots of troubleshooting
NCLEX rn review
More
14 years 7 months ago #32080 by NeoTech
All I know is that the exams have changed and there is a 4th edition now. I found out at the end of the CCNA course which I took over 2 years worth of evening classes when my teacher turned around and said, what was practically "oh by the way you have a month to do the full CCNA exam before they change it".

I was lagging behind a little due to some issues at home and I never completed the course before the exams changed. I took the CCNA 4 final and left it at that until I could track down the new stuff.

It's been 3 months now and I still haven't found a glimmer of them, lol.

I'm not sure I would pass it to be honest, the course could have been better, we got 1 lecture a week and were left to do the chapters by ourselves and there was very little lab time in the whole 2 years. I think i touched a router twice during the course.

Im a bit of a late starter because I had cancer as a teen and it took me a while to recover from it. I'm very early in my career. I've been looking for work in the industry for over 12 months and I haven't had more than a few callbacks. Dispite being Microsoft certified (MCDST) and now having CompTIAs A+ under my belt.

I'm now working on some linux server OS, MS Server 2003 and Comptia Network+ in my spare time.

:( lol.

Neo
Tech
More
14 years 7 months ago #32081 by ZiPPy
It doesn't hurt to jump in and take the exam, this is of course after you studied. If I were you, I would pick up the latest Cisco CCNA books and study, study, study. Eat, breathe, sleep Cisco. Then go take the exam. If you fail you will know exactly where your weaknesses are and where your strengths are on the exam.

There is nothing wrong with failing certification exams, believe me I have been there and experienced it. Nothing happens when you fail an exam, you only realize what topics you need to study. Remember, no employer can go back and see how many times you've taken an exam. Quite frankly they don't care, they just want you to know the material at that point in time.

I understand your a little worried or feel under prepared to jump in and take the exam. But if you never jump into the water to see if you can swim, you will never know.

Set a date for the exam. This will keep you focused and hungry. Study hard. Put forth all your effort. Take the exam. No sense in worrying about finding the latest material, just pick up the book that is relevant to the exam number your taking.

Cheers mate,

ZiPPy

ZiPPy
More
14 years 7 months ago #32086 by SteveP

All I know is that the exams have changed and there is a 4th edition now.

When you say "4th edition", do you mean the official books for version 4 (Exploration and Discovery) rather than version 3.1 which is the course that you and I took?

Have a look at these:

www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_ss?url=search-...words=ccna+discovery

www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_ss?url=search-...rds=ccna+exploration
More
14 years 6 months ago #32133 by NeoTech
Hey Steve, nice to see you around my friend :). You may be onto something...

If im not mistaken (the problem here is that I'm unsure) the exam that was retired this year was 640-801, and 640-802 is the new one. This may have been around for a while which is most likely why you guys dont know of it as a 'new exam'.
If this is true I am looking for the books that correspond to the 640-802 exam. Or ICND1 640-822 and ICND2 640-816 if I wanted to do it in halves.

The reason I said 4th edition was most likely again due to confusion that the books were revised 'third edition' so I assumed the new books would have been 'fourth edition'.

My greatest weakness's are probably command syntax and WAN protocol configuration off the top of my head, with not having much experience with physical routers themselves. I could probably pass ICND1 without much effort and wish i had followed that route (no pun intended) from the start.

Thanks again guys.

Neo
Tech
More
14 years 6 months ago #32134 by S0lo
The latest "CCNA Official Exam Certification Library" for 640-802 is posted by Cisco press as the 3rd edition. It's here:

www.ciscopress.com/bookstore/product.asp?isbn=1587201836

If there was a later one, Cisco Press should have posted it.

Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Studying CCNP...

Ammar Muqaddas
Forum Moderator
www.firewall.cx
Time to create page: 0.153 seconds