Skip to main content

CCNA new syllabus course materials

More
14 years 7 months ago #31484 by NeoTech
Hey guys, I've been searching all over for the official 4th edition of the CCNA syllabus books and I'm having no luck. I can't deal with the Sybex books as I find them too over-simplified. Does anybody know where I can get my hands on the Official Cisco books, preferably in the UK?

I sat through a 2 year part time course with CCNA 3.1 but didn't manage to finish before Cisco retired the exam and therefore have certs for each individual module (ie. CCNA 1, 2, 3 and 4) but didn't manage to get the full CCNA cert in time. I'm planning on doing the 2 server exams I need for getting my MCSA but having sat through a 2 year course I'd also like to keep up to date with the CCNA stuff so i can simply take the exam whenever is convenient for myself.

Any and all help in tracking down these books, if they exist would be great.

Thanks guys!

Neo
Tech
More
14 years 7 months ago #31510 by NeoTech
...Anyone?

75 views and no one knows where these things are? Have Cisco even bothered publishing them yet?

There are new exams and a new curriculum so there must be new books to support the curriculum...

Neo
Tech
More
14 years 7 months ago #31524 by next_virus
Sorry,

No idea.
More
14 years 7 months ago #31594 by NeoTech
Well this is wierd, all the new syllabus CompTIA A+ stuff is out. If you guys haven't heard anything, there can't be anything yet... hmm. This is odd because there are Sybex books for the new syllabus. Kinda wierd that they have books but there's no official Cisco books yet.

The new Syllabus materials should be called CCNA 4th edition (as oppossed to the previous 'revised 3rd edition'). If anyone spots anything around the interwebs please post back here.

Cheers!

Neo
Tech
More
14 years 7 months ago #31598 by ZiPPy
Hi NeoTech,

Where did you hear about the new 4th edition of the CCNA book from Cisco Press? I don't think they are even out yet, as the 3rd edition is still fairly new being that it covers the CCENT/CCNA exam. And I believe that is fairly new, under a year for sure.

If we come across it, we'll be sure to post the link.

Cheers,

ZiPPy

ZiPPy
More
14 years 7 months ago #31622 by S0lo
NeoTech, If you meant the "CCNA Official Exam Certification Library", the last edition that I know of is the 3rd which is published in Sep 4, 2007. www.ciscopress.com/bookstore/product.asp?isbn=1587201836

Bear in mind that the CCNA academy material (CCNA 1,2,3 and 4) is slightly different than the CCNA Certificate material. It's the same but the academy material is a little more in depth. So it's NOT necessary that you'll find them containing the same CCNA syllabus. But generally, the academy gives much more info and takes more time.

Studying CCNP...

Ammar Muqaddas
Forum Moderator
www.firewall.cx
Time to create page: 0.153 seconds