Skip to main content

CCNA new syllabus course materials

More
14 years 7 months ago #32142 by SteveP

If im not mistaken (the problem here is that I'm unsure) the exam that was retired this year was 640-801, and 640-802 is the new one. This may have been around for a while which is most likely why you guys dont know of it as a 'new exam'.
If this is true I am looking for the books that correspond to the 640-802 exam. Or ICND1 640-822 and ICND2 640-816 if I wanted to do it in halves.

I've just checked the exam report forms and the exams that I took were 640-821NA (Intro) and 640-811NA (ICND). These exams were retired at the end of July this year. As you know, the Intro mapped approximately to CCNA v3.1 Modules 1 and 2 whilst ICND mapped approximately to CCNA v3.1 Modules 3 and 4. I'm not sure what the titles of the new 2 stage exams are (unless they're simply ICND1 and ICND2) nor do I know how they map to v4 (Exploration or Discovery) Modules 1/2 and 3/4. Come to think of it, I've never been really sure why Cisco decided to have Exploration and Discovery. Surely they both ultimately lead to the same qualification?

HTH - and good luck if you decide to take CCNA based upon v4 materials!
More
14 years 7 months ago #32158 by Regeth
Solo is right.

The 3RD edition is for tests....

640-802 - CCNA
640-822 - CCENT/ICND 1
640-816 - ICND 2

Basically this is the fourth version that you are seeking. It covers the latest and greatest tests!! The new CompTIA Net+ generally covers most of the basics that cisco wants you to now learn.. Which as been posted under this thread.

Educthms

A short list of the new technologies covered:

* Secure Device Manager
* Virtual Private Networks
* IPv6 (my favorite!)
* 2960 Switches
* Cisco Network Assistant
* Advanced EIGRP and OSPF
* Introduction to Wireless networks
* More security
* Lots of troubleshooting

Take a look at the book that Solo recommended I bought the cert library and have been reading the first book. You should be able to keep up with they cover with little to no problems.. Also It’s been written really good. Not a boring as some of the Sybex books I’ve tried before.
More
14 years 6 months ago #32248 by NeoTech
Cheers for that! Thats the one I need (CCNA Official Exam Certification Library - 640-802). I've found it on Amazon UK and bookmarked it. I could swear it wasn't there when I was last looking.

Man, no wonder that is confusing lol. Here's links to the older books, relating to the older exams (UK page but these books are the same all over the world). Take note that these are also called THIRD edition, lol.

www.amazon.co.uk/CCNA-Companion-Networki...254066059&sr=8-1

www.amazon.co.uk/Companion-Guide-Network...54066018&sr=8-14

What a world! :P

Neo
Tech
Time to create page: 0.143 seconds