The Free Backup Bible Complete Edition written by backup expert and Microsoft MVP Eric Siron, is comprised of 200+ pages of actionable content divided into 3 core parts, including 11 customizable templates enabling you to create your own personalized on-prem and cloud-based (AWS, Azure) backup strategy.
Part 1 and 2 are updated versions of previously released eBooks (Creating a Backup & Disaster Recovery Strategy and Backup Best Practices in Action) but Part 3 is a brand-new section on disaster recovery (Disaster Recovery & Business Continuity Blueprint) that includes tons of valuable insights into the process of gathering organizational information required to build a DR plan and how to carry it out in practical terms.
The Backup Bible is offered Free and is available for download here.
Let’s take a look at what’s covered:
Part 1 covers the fundamentals of backup and tactics that will help you understand your unique backup requirements. You'll learn how to:
- Begin planning your backup and disaster recovery planning
- Set recovery objectives and loss tolerances
- Translate your business plan into a technically oriented outlook
- Create a customized agenda for obtaining key stakeholder support
- Set up a critical backup checklist
Part 2 shows you what an exceptional backup looks like on a daily basis and the steps you need to get there, including:
- Choosing the Right Backup and Recovery Software
- Setting and Achieving Backup Storage Targets
- Securing and Protecting Backup Data
- Defining Backup Schedules
- Monitoring, Testing, and Maintaining Systems
- Access both parts for free now and ensure you’re properly protecting your vital data today!
Part 3 guides you through the process of creating a reliable disaster recovery strategy based on your own business continuity requirements, covering:
- Understanding key disaster recovery considerations
- Mapping out your organizational composition
- Cloud solutions
- Testing the efficacy of your strategy
One of the most useful features of The Backup Bible is the customizable templates and lists that enable the reader to put the theory into practice. These are found in the appendix but are linked in the text at the end of each relevant chapter. If you are going to read this book cover to cover it would be a good idea to fill out the templates and lists as you go through it, so by the time you’ve finished reading you’ll have a fully personalized backup action plan ready for you to carry out!
Sure, it’s not the most exciting aspect of an IT administrator’s job but having a reliable and secure backup and disaster recovery strategy could be the most important thing you do. I’m sure you’ve heard many data loss horror stories that have crippled organizations costing thousands, if not millions, of dollars. This free eBook from Altaro will make sure you’re not the next horror story victim.
The Backup Bible Complete Edition also works as a great reference guide for all IT admins and anyone with an interest in protecting organizational data. And the best thing of all: it’s free! Learn how to create your own backup and disaster recovery plan, protect and secure your data backup for both onsite/on-premises and cloud-based (AWS and Azure) installations plus more. What are you waiting for? Download your copy now!