Skip to main content

Banned Network from Firewall.cx

More
20 years 1 week ago #3307 by Chris
Unfortunately, yesterday was the first time we were forced to ban a whole network from our site.

There have been a number of visitors (students) coming from a specific network (my research showed it's a college) the past few days, using the "shoutbox" module as a playground for their immature and dirty discussions.

This has been going on for a few days and I've been forced to backtrack their posts and delete them from the database every time. My requests to stop this stupidity, get over it and "grow up", have been obviously ignored, so as a result, I've placed a ban on their whole network.

We always encourage people to join our great discussions and be part of the whole Firewall.cx idea, to help themselves learn and solve any problems, and the response has been great.

I have stated before in the past that people with bad language and no respect to the rest of the community are not welcomed here.

If anyone has any objections to the above, they can express them right here.

Regards,

Chris Partsenidis.
Founder & Editor-in-Chief
www.Firewall.cx
More
20 years 1 week ago #3308 by sahirh
Couldn't agree more.. ban the netblock and send a mail to the abuse address, that should sort things out. Its a pity because they're missing out on a great resource for learning more.

But then the world is cruel isn't it.....

Sahir Hidayatullah.
Firewall.cx Staff - Associate Editor & Security Advisor
tftfotw.blogspot.com
More
20 years 1 week ago #3309 by Cheetah
Hi

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: Why did you do that? I am sad, very very sad.

:evil: :evil: :evil: I will try to crack crack crack....

Just kiddin... That was a right decision Chris... Just to express a moral support. ;)

Regards
Cheetah

Kind Regards,
<b>Cheetah</b>
<i>The outcome of devotion is, quality!</i>
More
20 years 1 week ago #3326 by tfs
I think most of the serious users would agree.

It is just a sad comment on the fact that whenever a new cool feature is unveiled (where ever that happens to be), there is always some idiot (usually many idiots) who feel that gives them license to do anything they want without regard to anyone else.

The fact that many good users will lose out or be inconvenianced is just what they are looking for and makes their day. Just shows the integrity of these people (they have none).

Just seems to be the way of the world. :(

Thanks,

Tom
More
19 years 10 months ago #4167 by kingoftechs
Replied by kingoftechs on topic In Agreement
I solemnly agree to what u did Chris;

U gave them enough chances to stop that is enough

Keep up the good work: :) :) :) :) :)

Rakesh Menon
More
19 years 7 months ago #5085 by Tarun