Skip to main content

Internet Explorer Doesn't Close.... Seriously!

More
19 years 9 months ago #4349 by ZiPPy
Replied by ZiPPy on topic IE is the DEVIL!!
IE is exactly what mothers tell there children to stay away from!! LISTEN TO YOUR MOTHER!!

Well IE has officially made it on my crap list. :roll: So I am gonna listen to Sahir and get firefox running. Now the thing is I would like to completely get rid of IE. I am not sure if this is possible since its embedded in windows. (technically)
Lately I have been running Opera, but I get pop-ups in IE windows. When I go into Internet Options, I noticed my homepage is set to some adware crap site and is grayed out. I can not change it or modify it. Since this is set as my homepage I know its giving me all these pop-ups. Is there away I can disable IE entirely?
I reinstalled it just so you guys know...and that grayed out option for my homepage was still in play.

IE REVENGE IS SWEET AND JUST AROUND THE CORNER MATE!!

ZiPPy

ZiPPy
More
19 years 9 months ago #4352 by Neon
nnbnbnnbnbYou can try running the program hijackthis which is available from www.spywareinfo.com/~merijn/ or www.siena.edu/antivirus/software/HijackThis.exe .

Just press Scan and save the log file and paste it here in the code format so it’s a nice clean format. I'll tell you from there what you should delete.
Time to create page: 0.142 seconds