Skip to main content

I have some questions about some things in my WinXP..

More
19 years 11 months ago #3857 by MetaJoe
Erm..my computer's starting to act very strangely. First, my nortan allowed me to install the new updates, and the auto-protect was back on. Then an hour later, the internet wold not come up, it did the same thing our email still does, closes it out, and now its back to normal. And now if I goto microsoft's homepage, the internet closes out, so I cant install the security patches..its quite annoying..

Oh, and it seems that my father-in-law has seemed to have the same problem I'm having now in the past, so my brother-in-law agreed to ask him how he got it fixed..(the internet/mail closing on me)

edit: Oh, and I found the site that comes up when the internet changes the page to "about:blank" its th.msie.cc/index.php?aid=20038
More
19 years 11 months ago #3858 by sahirh
I would seriously recommend you format this hard disk and reinstall windows and your applications. It doesn't sound like you can trust this machine to do anything serious anymore.

Sahir Hidayatullah.
Firewall.cx Staff - Associate Editor & Security Advisor
tftfotw.blogspot.com
More
19 years 11 months ago #3864 by MetaJoe
Could I get a technician to fix it without uninstalling ALL my stuff? (I have ALOT that I dont want to re-install..)
More
19 years 11 months ago #3877 by sahirh
Well I suppose a technician could clean it up.. depending on how good your technician is.

A better idea would be to find yourself a friend who is very computer literate. Preferably one who knows a bit about security as well

Sahir Hidayatullah.
Firewall.cx Staff - Associate Editor & Security Advisor
tftfotw.blogspot.com
More
19 years 11 months ago #3909 by MetaJoe
*sigh* Guess I'll have to get a technician since I dont know anyone personally that is good with this kind of stuff..

edit- Since no one could truly help me out here, I'm letting this go, and letting my mom deal with it.
Time to create page: 0.149 seconds