Skip to main content

Task Manager disabled!

More
14 years 11 months ago #30509 by Losh
Task Manager disabled! was created by Losh
Can anyone please tell me how to re-enable my task manager. When i press ctrl+alt+delete the pc pops out a dialog box saying task manager has been disabled by the administrator. please help.Even registry access is disabled and can't resolve this from the gpedit command.

~ Networking :- Just when u think its starting to make sense......... ~
14 years 11 months ago #30510 by Alans
Replied by Alans on topic Re: Task Manager disabled!
I'm 90% sure it is a virus.
Try scan with an online anitvirus if your local one not detecting any viruses.
Make sure to backup your important files from now.

always Face your Fears...
More
14 years 11 months ago #30524 by talk2sp
Replied by talk2sp on topic 102% sure....
hey i am 102% sure (if there is anything like 102%. well surer than sure) lol.

it's a virus.

use Spy bot search and destroy if the virus does not allow u to use spybot then download and install hijackthis and em check disable registry editor.

BORN TO BE GREAT

c0de - 3
Take Responsibility! Don't let failures define you
More
14 years 10 months ago #30555 by sys-halt
Replied by sys-halt on topic Re: Task Manager disabled!
This is a virus problem no doubt about that. Spybot Search and Distroy might not fix your problem, Spybot is a malwares removal more like a virus removal.

I have a proper solution for you and I think it will work like 90%.

there is a little program around 3MB of size called Combofix from Bleepingcomputer.

please do a search on google for combofix and download it. Don't be tempted to run it immediately. here is the steps:

1. Download Combofix
2. Disable System Restore, right click "My Computer" Choose "Properties" then go to "System Restore" tab and disable system restore feature.
3. Reboot your PC and Enter "Safe Mode" not "Normal Mode"
4. Run Combofix in "Safe Mode"

this should help solving your problem, if not please let us know.
More
14 years 10 months ago #30564 by SteveP
Replied by SteveP on topic Re: Task Manager disabled!
What's your network setup? Is it a standalone PC, a P2P or domain? If you're attached to a domain, it's possible to disable task manager (and regedit etc.) via Group Policy.

I saw the post about bypassing URL blockers so that made me wonder if you're on a domain.
More
14 years 10 months ago #30580 by Losh
Replied by Losh on topic Re: Task Manager disabled!

What's your network setup? Is it a standalone PC, a P2P or domain? If you're attached to a domain, it's possible to disable task manager (and regedit etc.) via Group Policy.

I saw the post about bypassing URL blockers so that made me wonder if you're on a domain.

For the task manager problem,its a standalone and i still havent found the solution. i think the only way to enable this is to re-install the OS. i realised its a virus causing this and you cant enable it once the virus disable it. Actually i was installing a game and some of its files require registry access. that's what disabled my task manager.

For the url problem, its this campus i'm in. they restrict web access so much, its not even fun anymore. i think they are also going to restrict this website and thats my worst fear. all their PCs are in domains. if there's any software out there to help me out i'd appreciate alot.
i dont want to loose this website. Thanx.

~ Networking :- Just when u think its starting to make sense......... ~