Skip to main content

Want to create two indepent network in a office

More
15 years 1 month ago #29553 by quinnyyy

If you run active directory you can define boundaries to your taste. just a higher level of admin skill.

this is not a higher level of administration, this is simply locking down the resources on your network at a higher level, what about routers, printers, any node that isn't windows that AD has no control over?

To split a network in half you give them different IP ranges for a start, then if you actually physically don’t want the connection between the two networks you need then either separated via VLANS or separated by individuals switches in patch cabinet.

If they are unprepared to buy a managed switch for VLANs you could allow their switch to be on VLAN 1, which by default any device can broadcast on, so their switch would work, then your VLAN 2 can be isolated on a the correct equipment, no need for two managed switches.
More
15 years 1 month ago #29578 by sose
You can manage a lot of other non windomws equipment in an active directory environment like printers and many other devices
More
15 years 1 month ago #29580 by talk2sp
Replied by talk2sp on topic I agree.....
quinnyyy Said

this is not a higher level of administration, this is simply locking down the resources on your network at a higher level, what about routers, printers, any node that isn't windows that AD has no control over?

I very much agree with u Quinnyyy

Sose replied

You can manage a lot of other non windows equipment in an active directory environment like printers and many other devices

Sose like which devices are we talking about here? I dunno if i am correct but do we have AD kind of environment in other devices? and if yes Sose specify?

Further more in response to the initial post from ramz77 well sometimes some tough boss will put some nutty scenarios in front of their Admins (Sys / Net). Well since u have been able to convince him i will have suggested u place different internet security softwares in the diff depts. > Norton internet security on 10systems, Kapersky Internet security on the other 10systems. in this way the 10 sys in the other dept will not be able to communicate with the other 10 but they will be able to communicate with them selves and vice versa.

Good luck

BORN TO BE GREAT

c0de - 3
Take Responsibility! Don't let failures define you
Time to create page: 0.142 seconds