Skip to main content

Want to create two indepent network in a office

More
15 years 3 months ago #28898 by ramz77
Hi to all ,

I hv a Question, How can v implement two totaly different lan in a office(single place).

Acutally in our company there r two Partner's nd both hv 10-10 users. They don't want to access each other resources bt wants to share printers.

i gav them the VLAN option, but switch we r using is unmanage switch nd they not want to purchase manage switch.

Details of our networks:
2 mbs link, ISP hv provided ADSL router.
2 network printer(Color & B/W)
1 Server(OS 03)

Kindly help on this,

ram
MCP,MCSA,MCSA MESSAGING, MSCE, CCNA & ITIL
More
15 years 3 months ago #28901 by sose
If you run active directory you can define boundaries to your taste. just a higher level of admin skill.
More
15 years 3 months ago #28907 by skepticals
Humm... I would recommend a manage switch again :-)
More
15 years 3 months ago #28911 by TheBishop
I'm curious; how can there be two organisations that don't want to be able to access each other's data but only one server?
More
15 years 3 months ago #28921 by sp1k3tou
nnbnbI say buy another NIC for the server and assign it an IP on the other network. Buy a cheap switch that can do vlans and create your two vlans. I'm not sure about sharing the two printers if the two vlans can't talk. Maybe buy a layer 3 switch and do access list so only the printers can be accessed from each vlan.

This is a cheap switch
www.netgear.com/Products/Switches/FullyM...Switches/FSM726.aspx
More
15 years 3 months ago #28953 by ramz77
thanks 2 all for ur suggestion,

Finally, i m able to convince my boss that V must need the manage switch for that requirements nd he agree on that.

So i think now, just need 2 create VLAN's nd that's all.

ram
MCP,MCSA,MCSA MESSAGING, MSCE, CCNA & ITIL
Time to create page: 0.155 seconds