Skip to main content

windows xp not responding

More
20 years 3 months ago #2589 by sahirh
A girl I was seeing some years ago got herself an Imac when it first came out. I drooled over that incredible machine.. but was totally lost when using it. I had a pretty embarrassing incident because of it..

She'd told her parents I was involved with computers and such.. and one day when I was waiting for her to come home her dad came and asked me to help him download an attachment in his email from some wierd email client.

Needless to say I made a total goof of myself.. I think I double clicked the title bar and it did something wierd etc etc. By the end of it the father was looking at me like I was the most incompetent person on the planet. lol

But I still dream of owning an ibook with the airport wi-fi connection.

I really think windows is the best operating system for desktop use, linux cannot compete with it there at all. My fascination with Linux comes from the level of control it gives you. The operating system is there to be commanded by you... with incredible amounts of flexibility.

Plus the penguin is just way cooler than those boring flying windows dontya think ;)

That said, I think Windows 2000 was a really really great OS. I havent used 2003 much, but it looks promising.

Hehe we've chased this tail a few times haven't we ?

Sahir Hidayatullah.
Firewall.cx Staff - Associate Editor & Security Advisor
tftfotw.blogspot.com
More
20 years 3 months ago #2590 by tfs
Replied by tfs on topic Re: windows xp not responding
Ah yes!

But it is the chase, not the catching, that makes it all worthwhile. :lol:

Thanks,

Tom
More
20 years 3 months ago #2592 by sahirh
Indeed ! Its always healthy to listen to other peoples points of view... I know I come across as a fanatic sometimes though ;)

Sahir Hidayatullah.
Firewall.cx Staff - Associate Editor & Security Advisor
tftfotw.blogspot.com
More
20 years 3 months ago #2594 by tfs
Replied by tfs on topic Re: windows xp not responding
Nah.

I never would have guessed that! :lol:

Thanks,

Tom
More
20 years 2 months ago #2739 by George
Replied by George on topic Are you running word
Hi
I was at tech support and I had issues with Xp especially it freezing up and not responding .Most of the Time the culprit is MS word .
And if that is not so ,are you sure the HDD is good and
does Ctrl +al +del ever respond at those time

or you can turn down some so called special features of windows xp this frees up resources to some extent

Some time a clean format would not take out some viruses
you have to completely wipe out the drive and reinstal if at all
you are at the verge of doing so

Time to create page: 0.147 seconds