Skip to main content

windows xp not responding

More
20 years 3 months ago #2572 by chandak76
Hi,I've got a problem with windows xp pro,There are times when it freezes and I wont be able to do any thing,clicking an ico doesn't work or any other programs will not work.I have to reinstall all the time.Please Help. :roll:
More
20 years 3 months ago #2576 by sahirh
Could you give us the specifications of the machine. How much RAM etc. Also, what were you doing at the time of the crash.

There is always one solution -- install Linux ;) hehe

Sahir Hidayatullah.
Firewall.cx Staff - Associate Editor & Security Advisor
tftfotw.blogspot.com
More
20 years 3 months ago #2581 by tfs
Replied by tfs on topic Re: windows xp not responding
All right.

Here we go again.

Linux vs Windows.

Will it ever stop?

:lol:

Thanks,

Tom
More
20 years 3 months ago #2584 by sahirh
Resistance is futile.. ;)

Hey tfs, have you got a Linux box to play around with ? You should realy install it and check it out.

Sahir Hidayatullah.
Firewall.cx Staff - Associate Editor & Security Advisor
tftfotw.blogspot.com
More
20 years 3 months ago #2586 by tfs
Actually, I do have one that I installed about 4 or 5 months ago and played a little with it. But I have been so busy, I haven't had a chance to really get used to it.

But it reminds me of the old Apple days.

I remember when when the Mac first came out and you had a couple of programs called MacDraw and MacPaint. Then there was a couple of competing programs called Gemdraw and Gempaint that ran on CP/M (know that is going back aways). I read a comparison review of these programs. The review said that even though Gemdraw and Gempaint could do most of what MacDraw and MacPaint could do, the Mac programs just felt like a finished product where the others didn't.

That's kind of how I feel about Linux as compared to the Mac and Windows.

Just my opinion.

Thanks,

Tom
More
20 years 3 months ago #2587 by tfs
And BTW, before Sahirh jumps down my throat (aahhh) on this subject, and I expect he will, I want it understood that I have nothing against Linux, having not used it much.

And I am far from a Windows zealot - I have much to complain about with it. I actually prefer the Mac, but the work just isn't there - but I will always have one.

Thanks,

Tom
Time to create page: 0.151 seconds