Skip to main content

Ping test Fails eve NIC is UP

More
16 years 1 month ago #25395 by TheBishop
Try replacing the RJ45 patch cable even if it looks okay
More
16 years 1 month ago #25424 by sose
make sure the switch and the switch port accomodating that host is ok. Make sure you are using the right cable type.Also, you can repunch your face plate if using any or recrimp your RJ45

have a super week
More
16 years 1 month ago #25479 by GTM
Does your machine reply to pings from other hosts?

You said it is configured with static IP try obtaining one via DHCP and see if you get a different network address now i dont mean a different ip i mean a different network address.Reason I say this is because i seen once where we had a machine configured with a static IP and could not access the network. What had happened was someone for some reason (im sure by mistake) changed the VLAN at the switch to a different network than what was configured on the NIC and although the NIC said it was connected it obviously couldn't get out to anywhere until the switch config was changed back to the original VLAN.
More
16 years 1 week ago #25663 by xXTonyXx
We experience something similar that drove us nuts. It turned out that it was SAV firewall which was blocking anything going out of the subnet. We could ping within the same network however.
More
16 years 1 week ago #25692 by Arani
Replied by Arani on topic NIC trouble
try something very basic. try pinging your loopback address i.e. 127.0.0.1 and see the result. you did mention in your post that someone suggested you might have winsock errors. doing this test will prove if your IP stack is working properly or not.
secondly, make sure network you are trying to connect does not have DHCP enabled. Also check that if you are using a static address (provided DHCP is not enabled), whether you are using the correct subnet mask, and gateway address.

Picking pebbles on the shore of the networking ocean
More
16 years 1 week ago #25700 by derk
maybe you can try re-installing the driver of your NIC.
Time to create page: 0.153 seconds