Skip to main content

DOS Help

More
20 years 3 months ago #2438 by steveb12
DOS Help was created by steveb12
Just a general question for the forum. Does anyone know of a great website for learning DOS. I'm not a novice - just not as advanced as I would like to be in writing batch files, etc. Thanks!
More
20 years 3 months ago #2442 by sahirh
Replied by sahirh on topic Re: DOS Help

Sahir Hidayatullah.
Firewall.cx Staff - Associate Editor & Security Advisor
tftfotw.blogspot.com
More
20 years 3 months ago #2446 by Kn1ght
Replied by Kn1ght on topic ask and you will learn..
The people here have nothing better to do then wait around and answer our questions. Ask your questions and they/we will answer. What about .BAT files bugging ya?

Kn1ght the confused.

Thanks
More
20 years 3 months ago #2450 by tfs
Replied by tfs on topic Re: DOS Help
Just out of curiosity, why DOS?

If you are running on NT or 2000, you can look at Shell Scripting or Windows Script host. There are a couple of good books on that if you are interested. The NT shell scripting goes into Batch files pretty deeply.

Thanks,

Tom
More
20 years 3 months ago #2453 by sahirh
Replied by sahirh on topic Re: ask and you will learn..

The people here have nothing better to do then wait around and answer our questions.

Hahaha, if only.....

Sahir Hidayatullah.
Firewall.cx Staff - Associate Editor & Security Advisor
tftfotw.blogspot.com
More
20 years 3 months ago #2456 by steveb12
Replied by steveb12 on topic Re: DOS Help
Thanks a bunch for all the replies guys. In answer to the question "why DOS?" - I've been promoted to a point now in my career that my current peers have all been working with computers long enough that they are very DOS saavy. While DOS may be dead to the general public, you all know as well as I that it is still utilized behind the scenes. I used writing a batch file as an example in my post; as we at my work are always writing small files to install new software packages or to migrate network shares. It is just simply an area that I know I can improve in. I'm not familiar with Shell Scripting or Windows Script host - at least not yet:-)
Time to create page: 0.155 seconds