Skip to main content

Task Manager has been disabled???????

More
16 years 6 months ago #23834 by TheBishop
I would think so. All GP is actually doing is pushing registry settings onto the remote machine so if you can do it in the registry it's a good bet you can do it within group policy - however I've never gone looking for these settings so I can't say for sure. Another way to achieve the same thing might be to have a shutdown script run after closing time that powers all the PCs down. You could sell that to management as an energy saving initiative too and maybe get a staff award or something
More
16 years 6 months ago #23841 by skepticals
In Server 2003 you can't control the power settings. I ran into this as well. I tried using EZ GPO that was put out by the EPA, but it never seemed to work. This was a special ADM that would push registry settings to the clients, but you also have to installed a small program on tall the workstations. This could be pushed to the clients though; so it wasn't that bad.

I heard in Server 2008/Vista you will be able to control the power settings.
More
16 years 4 months ago #24490 by websiteh
More
16 years 2 months ago #25361 by pj_molina03
ei bruce

ur system is infected by a virus.. it disable ur task manger, folder options, registry editor, command prompt, and renamed ur browser..
this virus named w/32 yahlover detected by mc affee..
to enable ur task mngr and registry editor restart ur system and run to safe mode with command prompt.. then apply ur knowledge with the reg delete..

Pee Jay
More
16 years 2 months ago #25362 by pj_molina03
ei bruce

ur system is infected by a virus.. it disable ur task manger, folder options, registry editor, command prompt, and renamed ur browser..
this virus named w/32 yahlover detected by mc affee..
to enable ur task mngr and registry editor restart ur system and run to safe mode with command prompt.. then apply ur knowledge with the reg delete..

Pee Jay
More
16 years 2 months ago #25378 by jtartist
If you do have admin rights on the computer, try typing this into the RUN box:

REG add HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System /v DisableTaskMgr /t REG_DWORD /d 0 /f
Time to create page: 0.140 seconds