Skip to main content

Task Manager has been disabled???????

More
nnbnb 16 years 6 months ago #23789 by brucewills
Hi all,
I am using Windows Xp professional, often i come across with this problem "Your Task Manager is disabled by the administrator", but i am the only administrator, also i can't even open the RUN window also.

hobbyarchive
More
16 years 6 months ago #23793 by skepticals
Could be blocked via Group Policy.

Is this computer part of a domain?
More
16 years 6 months ago #23797 by talk2sp
Replied by talk2sp on topic u infected.........
hi wills. Ur system is been infected with a virus which i cal zinblog. The way d virus works is that it chops of ur task manager, run and folder options, default homepage too. Download and update spy bot search and destroy. Scan ur system.

Hope it works for u.

BORN TO BE GREAT

c0de - 3
Take Responsibility! Don't let failures define you
More
16 years 6 months ago #23801 by KiLLaBeE
Replied by KiLLaBeE on topic Re: u infected.........
Why are some so quick to defer issues to viri and other malware when they encounter the abnormal? My personal rule is, if you place safe on the Internet, then the possibility of such issues being viri-related should only pop up when you've exchausted all your troubleshooting ideas. What happened to troubleshooting first before determining a possible cause?

Anyway, as Skepticals said, the task manager can be disabled by group policy or local computer policy...I think the Run command can also be disabled. Try going to C:\windows\system32\ and running lusrmgr.msc (Local User Manager). Look in the Administrators group to determine if you are actually an admin on the computer. Even if you are an admin, you may have group policy applied to your account or computer, so you would have to check (like Microsoft loves to say) with your network administrator.
More
16 years 6 months ago #23811 by TheBishop
Yes the run command can be disabled through group policy along with the command prompt, control panel, my computer and almost everything else. I'd definitely check group policy
More
16 years 6 months ago #23832 by KiLLaBeE

Yes the run command can be disabled through group policy along with the command prompt, control panel, my computer and almost everything else. I'd definitely check group policy

Can power management schemes be controlled through GP? I don't think I saw it in W2k Server and haven't checked in W2k3 Server. My company set a rule where if you were leaving for the day, your monitor had to be turned off. I was wondering if a GPO could be pushed to force that.
Time to create page: 0.145 seconds